71 - that boy loves you

"ells, i don't know what to do." ryan sighed, flopping dramatically onto the couch. ella shot her a puzzled look, urging her to continue. "it's ross." as soon as she said the words, a sense of realization washed over ella's confused face.

"what's going on with you two?" ella pried, wandering around the living room.

"i don't really know if anything is going on but he's just acting kind of weird lately."

ella came and sat down on the couch next to ryan. "how so?"

ryan shrugged with a sigh. "i don't know. it's hard to explain. he just doesn't seem to want to talk to me, i guess. he never texts me first, and nine times out of ten when i text him he has some excuse to run off."

"maybe he's just busy!" ella suggested, nudging ryan with her shoulder. "i'm sure everything's fine, ry. that boy loves the shit out of you." she said honestly.

"i guess so." ryan looked down at her fingers, absentmindedly twisting at a ring that sat on her middle finger. "i'm just scared i guess. this is how timothée got before we broke up. i just don't know if i can go through that again." ryan laughed humourlessly, looking up at ella with a sad smile.

even though ella knew the truth about why ross was acting the way he was, she pulled her best friend into a tight hug. "ry, you're gonna make me cry." she said softly, smoothing her hands over her hair. it was killing ella to see ryan like this and it was killing her even more that she knew the reason and couldn't tell her. the most she could do was reassure ryan that everything was fine. "listen to me ryan." ryan looked up and nodded. "i don't know for sure what's going on, but what i do know is that that boy loves you. okay? i promise you that everything's going to be just fine. from what i know, ross isn't like that. he's been cheated on before, so he should know just as well as you do just how shitty it feels."

"but how do you know that it's going to be fine?"

"i just know, okay? ross loves you, and that is something i can say with one hundred percent confidence." ella said truthfully. she couldn't tell ryan why ross was acting the way she was, but she could at least tell her one thing honestly. ross was in love with ryan, and when ross revealed the surprise she would see that for herself.

——
hello my loves!! thank you for 12K reads!! i did not expect this story to get as much attention as it has, but i am so thankful for each and everyone of you who likes, comments and reads!! it means the world to me!! and even if i'm not the best writer, writing is something that makes me so happy, and i love being able to share that on such a supportive platform ❤️

anyways!! we're getting closer to revealing the surprise... any guesses? 👀

i'm really excited for it!