80 - so in love

ryan smiled dreamily as another bout of salty waves crashed gently against the sandy shore. the sky was a beautiful water colour of soft yellows, deep oranges and vibrant shades of purple, reflecting hazily against the clear blue waters. she sighed and rested her head against ross' bare shoulder. "i never want to leave this place." she spoke softly, looking up at him. "like ever."

"i know. me neither. i wish we didn't have to." he looked down at her, and pulled her in for a short kiss, his lips tasting vaguely of saltwater and mai tai. "i'll bring you back here sometime, i promise. who knows, maybe someday we'll live here." he laughed, despite how serious he was being. if one day ryan wanted to drop everything and move to hawaii with him, he'd do it in a heartbeat. he would do anything to make her happy.

"you'd move here?"

ross shrugged. "why not. as long as i'm with you, i'd go anywhere. hawaii, peru, albania, russia, canada, anywhere. even if we run out of money and have to live on a tent in the beach..." he laughed, as ryan furrowed her eyebrows. "if i still got to see your smile, it would all be worth it."

ryan could swear her heart was melting in her chest. realistically, she knew she'd do the same. although the two had only been together for just over three months, being with ross made her happier than she had ever been before. what they had felt special. really special. sometimes she would think of timothée and it would feel like her heart was breaking all over again, but the mere thought of ross could put her at ease. she knew he would never do anything to hurt her in the way she was hurt before. he had this incredible way of making her feel so endlessly loved. "you're so adorable." she grinned, pressing her lips against the suntanned skin of his cheek. "i don't know how i got so lucky." she mumbled, carding her fingers through his hair.

"mm, me neither." ross hummed softly. he looked down at her once again. "i don't even remember what everything felt like before you came around." he glanced at the sunset, remembering just how far the two of them had really came. as cliché as it sounded, ross felt as though the two of them had found one another at the perfect time. they were both hurting and they were both embarking on a brand-new, exciting adventure. ryan had just released her debut album, and ross was finally making the music with rocky that he had always wanted to make. despite the craziness, they found each other. although neither of them realized it at the moment, ross thinks that deep down they both knew that they had found something really special. even when the two were only friends.

"what're you thinkin' about?" ryan asked, pulling ross from his thoughtful daze.

ross shrugged once more. "just us, i guess." a permanent smile tugged softly at the corners of his mouth.

"what about us?"

"just...everything. how crazy it's all been." ross paused, searching desperately for the right words. "how in love with you i am, ryan riddle..." he trailed off, waiting for ryan's reaction. the two of them had said 'i love you' more time than he had count, but this felt different. he had never directly told ryan that he was in love with her. he was scared she wouldn't feel the same way. that it would be too much.

"you're in love with me?"

ross' heart plummeted as the words left her mouth.
"of course i am. i think i have been since i first met you." he laughed, though he was only half joking.

"well if it makes you feel any better..." she began. "i am so in love with you too, ross lynch."

——

well guys, here it is. this is the last official chapter of feel you now. i have an epilogue in the works, but after that it's over. a sequel is always a possibility, but it's not on the top of my list.

i'm going to write a proper thank you after i upload the epilogue, but i just wanted to pop in and say thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart for all the love on this story. i never expected this fic to get the attention that i did, and i am SO appreciative of each and everyone of you who interacted with this story in any way shape or form. you guys made this possible

i am so attached to these characters and this story, but i didn't want to drag it out any longer. i was getting burnt out, and i think this story deserved a proper ending. so here it is.

i love you guys all so much, and thank you for being on this journey with me❤️