- Chapter three

3068 words

Eccedentesiast——————meaning: someone who hides pain behind a smile

Eccedentesiast
——————
meaning: someone who hides pain behind a smile.
———————

Lydia's POV, later that night:

Later that night, once I finally got into my bed I couldn't sleep. I was exhausted but my mind just wouldn't shut up for a single moment to let me rest, by this I mean just like almost every other night I was thinking too much. Why haven't I told the guys the truth? When will I? Am I going to wait until I'm practically dead from a beating to admit the truth? What will they think? What if they think I'm weak... or when I tell them the things my mom tells me they'll agree. What are these feelings I have with Stan recently?

Soon enough I was halfway asleep, just as I was about to completely fall asleep the sound of wind and a breeze from my window, which my back was currently turned against, caused me to open my eyes.

I racked my brain, trying to remember if it was open before or not before sitting up in my bed, when I looked towards my window I jumped at the sight of.... Richie? " Rich, what the hell are you doing here?!" I whisper yelled, hoping to not get the attention of my mother who had arrived home not too long ago, completely drunk of course.

Richie looked annoyed or angry, he didn't answer my question but just rolled his eyes and sat in a chair I had in the corner of my room, knocking a blanket that was sitting on it on the floor. " Rich? Is everything okay? Did I do something or...." I trailed off the end of my sentence noticing how he seemed annoyed at my presence even though he came to me, he didn't seem like him though, something was different.

Richie scoffed lightly before answering "I'm just here to let you know your not invited to come along to the quarry tomorrow, none of us want you there" he spoke harshly. I could already feel the tears coming to my eyes "what the hell are you talking about Rich?" I asked as I slowly began to sit up more in my bed.

" I mean, we aren't really your friends Lydia. We just felt bad for you in school so hung out with you and today we just wanted more help finding Georgie, we're all getting sick of you now and we are tired of pretending to like you. We don't care about you and never will, got it?" Richie spoke on as tears fell down my face, this must be a dream or something, right?

I covered my face with my hands as I continued crying and whispering the word "no, no, no" over and over until my room went silent, I could no longer hear the wind coming through my window. I slowly moved my hands away from my face and looked up, my window was closed, there was no Richie and the blanket he dropped earlier was messily thrown back on the chair. I limped over to the window, my ankle still in pain and looked out the window. Nothing.