- Chapter four

1822 words

Latibule ———————meaning: a hiding place; a place of safety and comfort ———————Lydia's POV;

Latibule
———————
meaning: a hiding place; a place of safety and comfort
———————
Lydia's POV;

Once I made it to the place I wanted, out of breath and still sobbing I threw my bike to the ground and climbed up the rope. Richie and I made a treehouse when we were eight, by me and Richie I mean basically my dad did everything as Rich and I watched. This place was always what I called my latibule, my dad and Richie knew that. I made it to the top and let out another sob as I looked around the treehouse and memories began pouring in.

~~~~~
"Lyds!?" A nine year old Richie called out, I held my breath as he began climbing down the treehouse "Lydia is that you?" He continued, slowly walking around the treehouse trying to find the source of the noise he had heard. He came to the tree I was hiding behind, panting out of fear. I jumped out and screamed slightly, laughing as he then fell to the floor and held his heart. "Lydia oh my god you scared me" he panted out "hey, mommy said that's a bad word remember?" I commented, walking over to the treehouse so we could play our game.

~~~~~~~~

Thirteen year old me ran into the treehouse, sobbing and gasping for breath. The moment of the policemen knocking on my door and breaking the news replaying through my mind nonstop. I looked around at the treehouse and felt the anger rising, before I knew it I was throwing the pillows and other stuff around "it's all your fault!"  I screamed to myself over and over.

Someone's arms wrapped around mine and held my them by my side, I instantly knew it was Richie, he had been at my house when the police came by and he knew I came here when I got upset. "Richie I did this! I'm horrible! I made him go out, for me! For me!" I sobbed out "Lyds, you didn't do this okay? You couldn't have known. We will find him" Richie spoke as he picked up the pillows I had threw around and stuffed them in a corner so I could sit comfortably "he's gone. I won't ever see him again. I'm alone." I whispered.

Richie sat beside me and pulled me into a hug "Lydia. He's only missing at the moment and you know that me and the losers club will always be here for you anyway, always" Richie spoke confidently as he wiped my tears and hugged me once again.

~~~~~~

My chin rested on my knees as I stared out at the sky, my throat aching from my sobs and my eyes stinging as more tears slowly poured out, I thought it had only been a few minutes but quickly realised it had been hours as the sky became a dark, almost black, blue and the stars came out.

A rustling came from beside me and my head snapped up, Richie was standing there, he looked like he had been crying too but I didn't think anything of it "hey" he said softly, I gave him a small smile and turned my head away slightly embarrassed, of course he's seen me cry but it doesn't make it less embarrassing.