- Chapter two

3794 words

 Saudade:————————meaning: the feeling of longing for something or someone who you love

Saudade:
————————
meaning: the feeling of longing for something or someone who you love.
—————————
Lydia's POV:

I woke up with light coming through my worn out curtains and a slight breeze coming through my window. I rolled over onto my back and stared at the roof for about 5 minutes before looking over at the clock on my bedside table, 8:13am.

Although I was still in pain from last night I sighed and slowly sat up. As I set my foot on the floor a sharp pain rain through my leg, I let out a tiny yelp and looked down at my leg, although it was bandaged I could still see it was swollen and purple. Great. What the heck am I meant to do? I obviously can't go to a hospital and I can't let the losers find out.

I sighed and very slowly made my way downstairs, limping the whole way. I knew my mom would be gone most of the day so I didn't have to worry about her, once I made it to the phone in the corner of the room I called the number I knew off by heart, Richie's. After around three rings he picked up.

"Hey Lyds you ready for the barrens?"

"Hey Rich, I'm sorry but.. I actually don't think I can go today"

"What do you mean, is everything okay? Are you sick? We can all come by and have a movie day if you want?" Richie spoke worriedly, Rich can be annoying sometimes but since I've known him so long he's literally become family.

"No I'm fine I just..... left my bike at the... library and don't want to walk all that way" I lied

"I'm sure Stan will let you ride on his bike, I mean you do loooovveee him" Richie spoke teasingly. I don't like Stanley, or at least I've never thought about wether I do or not but the losers, other than Stanley of course, ALWAYS tease me or Stanley. I still have yet to find out why it's just us.

"Richie I swear, I don't like Stan could you shut up? Stan doesn't know where I live so he can't do that, I'm fine here okay? I'll see you tomorrow?" I spoke, hoping to get him off soon.

"Nope, sorry no can do. I'll tell Stan to meet you at the end of your street and don't worry I won't let him know it's your street just that your walking by. Be ready to leave in two minutes, bye!!" Richie spoke fast, before I could even refuse he hung up. I lifted the phone from my ear and stared at it for a second in shock before groaning and making my way to my room and picking an outfit.

 I lifted the phone from my ear and stared at it for a second in shock before groaning and making my way to my room and picking an outfit