Prologue

As the half-moon floated in the sky, shining on the grass, causing it to turn into a deep silver color. Two tiny figures toiled upward, their shapes dark against the brightness. "Come on, we need to get to the Moonpool for a half-moon meeting," the tom meowed at his apprentice. The apprentice nodded. "Okay."

The two cats padded up the slope and made it to the Moonpool. "We are here, StarClan," the dark tom whispered.

The dark gray tom licked the water from the Moonpool. The apprentice and the dark gray tom wake up with starry warriors surrounding them.

"Hello there, little apprentice," the StarClan warrior greeted her. The apprentice popped up. "Greetings," she meowed. "Something is coming," the StarClan leader announced. "What's coming?" The dark gray tom asked. "A great evil that threatens the five Clans of the forest. Only one cat who is part of this prophecy can save the Clans," the starry leader mewed.

"How will we be defeat the darkness?" The dark gray tom wondered. "Only one medicine cat can save StarClan and the clans," the StarClan leader meowed.

"Who?" He challenged the StarClan cat. The dark gray tom and his apprentice are awoken from their dream. "Only one apprentice? Who could that be?" He thought to himself.

"Was that a sign from StarClan?" The apprentice asked his mentor. "That was a sign from StarClan! We must tell the leader a little about the sign from StarClan," he meowed. "Come on!" The apprentice gets up and padded after the dark gray tom. "So we let them figure out themselves?" The apprentice wondered.

The gray tom nodded. "Yes, we let them figure it out."