Chapter 2

Nettlepaw craned his neck over his back, straining to groom the hard-to-reach spot at the base of his tail. "Nettlepaw! Quit cleaning yourself!"
The black tom growled. Nettlepaw dipped his head. Why can't I clean myself in the snow? "Reedclaw, when can we catch prey?" Eveningflower asked him. "Prey is scarce in leaf-bare," he mewed, "And we have wait for the prey to come to us."

Eveningflower lashed her tail. "Well the prey isn't going to catch itself," she added, "And besides, we have apprentices to train!" Reedclaw looked at her. "Good point," he muttered. Silkpaw spotted a prey in a willow tree. "I see prey!" She exclaimed. The rabbit took off running. "Silkpaw, I think you scared the prey," Eveningflower meowed. "Sorry, Eveningflower," Silkpaw dipped her head.

"It's okay. Just watch me," she mewed. Another rabbit came from its burrow. Eveningflower snuck up behind the rabbit and bit into the prey. She drops the prey down from her mouth. "Wow! That was amazing, Eveningflower!" She exclaimed. "Now you try," she meowed, "But sneak up on the prey."

She nodded. A rabbit was running in the moorland. Silkpaw got into her crouch position. The rabbit heard the snall apprentice coming but Silkpaw was faster. "Good job!" Eveningflower exclaimed, "I knew you could do it." Reedclaw padded in the moorland. He smelled the air. "RiverClan!" He hissed, "They've been on WindClan territory!"

Eveningflower let out a marrow of laughter. "They can't catch the prey, though," she chuckled. "True," he pointed out, "But this is WindClan territory." Reedclaw had an idea. "Let's go to the gorge," he meowed. Eveningflower looked at him. "What? she spat. "That's RiverClan territory!"

Reedclaw could hear screeching from his clanmate but he ignored it. As they got to the gorge, the mist was covering their scent. "Now this will be a good place to hunt," he meowed. "The prey won't see you in the mist."

"Eveningflower, RiverClan won't sense us from here because of the mist coming up from the riverbank," he explained. "Making the prey hard to scent for the apprentices but the prey can't see them." She agreed with him. "Good point, Reedclaw," she mewed.

"Alright, we are going to test you on your hunting skills so far and we will watch your every move," Eveningflower meowed. "And trying catching as more prey as you two can." Silkpaw and Nettlepaw looked at each other. "I'll catch more prey than you!" Nettlepaw meowed, calling behind him. Silkpaw trotted after him. "No, I will!" She teased him. Nettlepaw caught a mouse and Silkpaw caught a rabbit. "Wait until Applefur sees how much prey the apprentices have caught," Reedclaw bragged. "Yeah," she agreed with her clanmates. "We will show Applefur how much prey they have caught for WindClan." Silkpaw and Nettlepaw put the prey in a pile.

"Good job!" he exclaimed, "I knew you could catch a lot of prey for our Clan."
Nettlepaw's tail lashed with excitement. "How did we do?" Silkpaw asked her mentor. "You two did excellent on you're hunt session today," she meowed, dipping her head. "Let's go get the prey back to WindClan and stay out of the gorge," she suggested to Reedclaw.

He nodded. Eveningflower and Reedclaw hold a bunch of prey in their mouths. As they pad back to WindClan camp, Cedarstar looked at them as they entered camp. "You're back?" He wondered. "Yes. Silkpaw and Nettlepaw caught a lot prey for WindClan," Eveningflower meowed.

Applefur padded towards the WindClan warriors. "They caught all this themselves, huh?" He asked them.
"Yes they did," Reedclaw mewed. "We have enough prey to feel WindClan for leaf-bare." Applefur let out a purr of amusement. "That's good. Cedarstar
had invited you four cats to eat with him." Silkpaw looked at the deputy with excitement. "Eveningflower! We get to eat with the leader and the deputy!" she squealed with excitement. Eveningflower smiled. Cedarstar looks at the apprentices as they put the prey in the fresh-kill pile.

The WindClan leader padded his tail down, signaling them to sit next to him. Applefur sits right next to Cedarstar. "So Silkpaw, What did you catch in the moorland," Cedarstar asked the apprentice. "We went to the gorge and the prey didn't see us but it was hard trying to see the prey," Silkpaw meowed. "You were on RiverClan territory?" Cedarstar wondered. She nodded. "But we saw scented RiverClan on WindClan territory," she mewed. Cedarstar let out a growl. "How dare RiverClan hunt on our territory?" he snarled. "They have no right to hunt on WindClan territory!"

Applefur lashed his tail with dismissive in his eyes. "Those fish-brained warriors!" He hissed. Eveningflower looked at Cedarstar with an unsure look on her face. "Eveningflower and Reedclaw, you teach those fish-brained warriors a lesson on Sunning rocks!" Cedarstar demanded.

"But RiverClan will not like WindClan on its territory," she meowed. "Don't disobey your leader. Go to Sunning rocks!" He growled. Eveningflower and Reedclaw nodded.