Chapter 3

The four WindClan cats padded onward towards the gorge. "We aren't supposed to be here!" The black-and-white apprentice meowed. "We're on RiverClan territory." Reedclaw sighed. "I know we're not supposed to be here but we need to teach RiverClan a lesson," he muttered. "The river is unusually quiet today," Silkpaw pointed out.

"Usually it's loud causing ThunderClan, ShadowClan, or WindClan to get prey," Eveningflower meowed. "I want to see if the river is frozen!" She squealed, running past Reedclaw. "Silkpaw! She never listens!" Reedclaw growled. Eveningflower padded after her. She pushes Silkpaw off of the ice. "Oh no!" She exclaimed.
"What?" He meowed. "The river wasn't totally frozen and Eveningflower fell in!" She exclaimed again.

Drizzletail was sitting on the other side outside of camp when he heard yowling. "Huh?" He mewed. Drizzletail saw a cat drowning in the water. "Help!" The cat yowled. "Swim to the side! It's easier to go with current instead of fighting! I'll pull you out!" He meowed. Drizzletail went into the water and grabbed her scruff. He pulled her out of the river and putted her down on Sunning rocks. "Am I in StarClan?" She asked him. "Not yet. I saved you," he mewed.

"You idiot! What were you doing on RiverClan territory?" He questioned her. "I was drowning," she mewed. "Can't you drown on your own territory?" He teased her. "Who would save me there?" She asked him again. "I dunno. I can't watch any cat drown," he meowed. "Then why did you save me?" She wondered. "Instinct," he muttered. "Just get out of here! Will you?" He meowed. "Thank you," she mewed. 

"You're welcome," he purred. "Come on! We have to get back to camp," Reedclaw meowed. "Silkpaw, can you tell Cedarstar that Eveningflower fell in the water in RiverClan territory and I had to save her?" Reedclaw asked her. "But that's lying. I can't lie to the leader," she meowed.
"Please, Silkpaw, your our only hope," He mewed. Eveningflower let out a sneeze. They quickly padded towards camp. "Where have you been?" Applefur challenged them.

Silkpaw stood up. "We were trying to teach RiverClan a lesson but Eveningflower fell in the river and Reedclaw had to save her," she lied. "I see. Eveningflower, you should see Darkwater and rest in the medicine den," he snorted.

Reedclaw waited until Applefur was gone. "Good job at lying," he whispered to the apprentice.
"Lying? I wanted to tell the truth," she muttered, padding passed him.

Reedclaw sighed and padded in camp.
Cedarstar had a discussion with his deputy. "Reedclaw, you're not even wet! Thrushfur snapped, "If you would have been shivering cold to rescue her!"
Applefur's eyes narrowed with anger.

Horror filled his eyes as Applefur growled at him. "Wait!" Eveningflower stopped them. "Reedclaw is little wet and he is shivering."

Thrushfur's eyes rolled. "Whatever you say, Eveningflower," she murmured.
Applefur let loose and believed her. Evenflower sighed in relief as she padded into the medicine den. Reedclaw followed after her. "Darkwater, Eveningflower has a cold since she fell in the water near RiverClan territory," Reedclaw explained. "What were you two doing near the gorge always?" She asked them. "Silkpaw wanted to see if the river stream was frozen or not." Darkwater sighed. "Well Eveningflower, you going to stay in the medicine den." The silver she-cat nodded. "Come on, Nettlepaw and Silkpaw, you two still have to complete your hunting assignments," Reedclaw meowed.