chapter five: open fire

^Richie^

I glanced to Eddie as we all walked down the sidewalk. "Do you always have a fanny pack with you?" I asked curiously.

I heard the others chuckle to themselves.

Eddie blushed a little bit, over looking the laughing from the others. "My mom makes me wear them, they hold all of my medical supplies," he mumbled. He yawned a little bit, clutching on to his book bag straps, tiredly dropping his hands.

I chuckled. "That's adorable, and you're seventeen? Amazing."

He rolled his eyes as we all shared a laugh.

"Aw, lighten up, Eddie! Your mommy would be so proud to know what Richie thinks!" Stan said happily.

Eddie shot him a glare basically saying shut-the-fuck-up-I'll-kill-you-on-sight-right-here.

I chuckled. "Would your mommy like me, Eddie?" I cooed.

He groaned. "Shut up!" He whined. "My mom just cares a lot about me is all! Perfectly normal."

The others chuckled.

We were close to the school, maybe five more minutes to get there.

I looked as I felt Eddie brush his soft hand against mine, holding on to my fingers. I smiled down to him. This kid is really special, and really dangerous.

"Still coming by today?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah, can't wait! Um, what time should I come by?" He questioned, leaning on me, resting his head on my shoulder.

I felt giddy. "Four? Yeah, four should be good. It's always slow on Wednesdays." I nodded.

He nodded back. "Great!" He giggled.

"You guys," Stanley yelled. "Just suck face already!" He harped at us, obviously in a playful manner.

We both blushed, pulling away.

"Why would I do that? The guy has a boyfriend," Eddie said, shrugging it off.

Beverly laughed. "You two are in denial. It's obvious that you two are into each other, and apparently Noah doesn't make you happy as much as Eddie." She said out.

They all nodded, agreeing with her.

"No! I'm not that stupid to get caught in the middle of a relationship like that!" Eddie laughed, waving it off. "We're just really good friends!" He nodded.

"Who kiss under the moon light?" Stanley said in a dramatic kind of way.

I blushed, Eddie and I looking to each other, stuttering out words and what not.

"Yeah, I know." Stan smiled cockily. "I almost went out to look for you two, caught eye of you guys in the tall grass and it clicked." He explained.

The others let out shocked noises.

"What about you and Bill, hm?" Eddie shot back.

Bill looked panicky. "You mean Beverly and Ben?" He instantly pushed the target onto them.

We all took turns laughing at each other's situation.

The two were left blushing, becoming quiet.

"Nah, I'm just yanking your chain. Yeah, even a dumb ass would know I'm into Eddie." I chuckled out softly.

Eddie blushed, rubbing the back of his neck, looking off as we walked down the side walk.

"What about Noah?" Ben questioned.

I sighed. "I have no idea. Like, I wouldn't want to end it with him if I'm not able to work things out with Eds." I shrugged.