A Missing Rosie And The Annual Race

Nadine's POV

It's been a week since me and Buanca faced off. Things had started falling into place where I  had a usual routine. I kept my distance from the royals no longer engaging with them. In fact one of the royals who had been missing school finally came back making the girls go wild.

I focused more on my artwork than anything else. The large bump had gone done tremendously which I was utterly grateful for. So far I had completed one painting project, it was a field of sunflowers.

Sunflowers were my favorite type of flowers. My parent's almost named me sunflower as I had been obsessed with them since I was a little girl. I received a good grade on my first project which made my parents proud.

I remove the apron I was wearing as I had been working on my second project. Life at the academy seemed quiet now that I was no long speaking to the royals.

Or a certain royal

Sometimes I would catch him looking at me during the classes we had together. After our heated argument I made no effort to make things less akward. I do regret being a bit harsh on him but I never asked him to check up on me.

It infuriated me to think at times he actually cared. But then he shows me a totally different side to him and it makes me even more confused! This was exactly why I didn't want to be in a relationship with anyone.

It's too confusing!

I grab my bag making my way out of the room. Walking down the halls I decide to meet up with Ina who was waiting for in the cafeteria. There are a few students lingering around the halls talking to their own group of friends.

Just as I am about to turn the corner I see Bianca and Oskar having a makeout session. I immediately put my head down when I catch Oskars eye. I pretend as if I hadn't seen anything. I quicken my pace to the cafeteria.

"What took you so long" Ina whines. I take a seat across from her.

"I went to the art room to work on a project". I felt this weird feeling inside me after seeing Oskar and Bianca with there faces smushed together.

"Did you know Oskar and Bianca were back together" I say with a frown.

"They are?! I had no idea. It wouldn't be the first time, they always break up and end up right back with each other" Ina says not looking surprised.

There was this nagging feeling I felt inside of me and I had no idea why. It wasn't like I actually cared what the royals did regarding there love life.

I could care less

"Have you seen Rosie" Ina asks looking around the cafeteria.

"No why" I say with a frown.

"Well yesterday we were supposed to meet up but she was a no show. And then this morning I asked if she wanted to hang out later and she agreed but she isn't here".

"Maybe something came up. Have you tried texting her"?

"I've already tried that. Do you think maybe something is wrong" Ina asks sounding concerned.

"I'm sure she's fine. If anything she might be catching up on her assignments".

Ina nods her head still seeming unsure. We go back to chatting about random things until it's time to head back to class.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Ugh I hate assembly's" Ina groans. We sat in the gymnasium waiting for the principal of the academy to make the big announcement. The best thing about them is that we were dismissed from class early.

We sat in the middle so that we weren't too close or to far. The gym was filled with the students who chatted loudly to there friends. I searched around trying to spot Rosie but I couldn't find her.

"I hope Rosie finds us" I mutter glancing around the gym.

"She better hurry. The assembly is about to start" Ina says looking around as well. Suddenly the lights go dim in the gym and the principal appears in front of the podium.

Good afternoon students of Clear Lake Academy. We are all gathered here to make an important announcement. Every year we have our annual harvest, giving back to communities. We will also be having our annual race where lucky student's will be able to win a prize.

If you would like to participate here are the guidelines to follow. Number 1, you need to have good grades. Number 2 you should speak to Coaxh Henry to add your name to the list. Number 3 you may only enter your name once.

We will hold three races and have three winners. I do look forward to seeing everyone participate. But most of all I want everyone to have fun and help in any way that you can. A special dinner will also be held afterwards.

That will be all for now. You are now dismissed.

"Soo are you going to do the race" Ina asks and we stand up to make our way out of the gym.

"Ha no way. It seems you've forgotten that sports aren't really my thing" I say with a smug look.

"I think I'm going to do it" Ina says giving me a shy look.

"That's awesome I say go for it. I'll be cheering for you on the sidelines" I say with a gentle smile. She smiles back at me as we make our way out the doors of the gym. As we walk out I see Oskar leaning against the wall, his eyes going wide when he sees me.

"Uh can we talk"...