Human Blood

Oskars POV

"So that Nadine girl is interesting" Victor says as he plops down in the seat across from me. Right now we were having breakfast in the cafeteria.

"Yeah she's... something" my mind immediately goes back to the dark haired girl who captured my attention. The first day she arrived she was...different almost like a challenge for me. The more I layed eyes on her I knew she would be a handful.

"Dude you're totally whipped why don't you just ask her out" ? Victor asks with a grin.

"It's not that simple. And besides she's made it clear she's not interested. I wipe my mouth with a napkin when my eyes immediately catch Nadine walking into the cafeteria with her friend.

"That's never stopped you before. Look all I'm saying is get to know her, maybe if you get her to open up she'll probably fall for ya". I shake my head at his ridiculous idea, it wasn't like I didnt want to give things a shot.

I had alot of shit on my plate that just made things complicated. And although I craved to get to know Nadine a part of me was unsure. She had been through alot and right now she just needed a friend.

I ran a hand through my hair. I was stressing out because I had a business meeting to attend with my father. One day I was going to take over so it was necessary I attend those meetings. With a sigh I get up to throw out my garbage.

My feet take me to the one girl I know I can't have. "Hey sleepy head how ya feeling" I ask when I plop down next to Nadine. She gives me a grim look.

"What do you want? I know your not over here to play nice". Her long dark locks were straightened today and she looked absolutely stunning. She was everything I had wanted but could not have.

"I can't come over here to see how you are doing"? I put my hands up in a surrender motion.

"Hmm whatever I'm fine. You don't have to ask me everyday how I'm  feeling" she says with a shrug. I noticed the deep dark circles underneath her eyes. I could tell she hadn't gotten any sleep.

Just then her friend Ina plops down at the table. "Hi Oskar... what brings you here"?

"Uhh... I was just checking up on Nadine to see how she was holding up. Anyway I should... get going I'll see you later". I shoot Nadine a look before getting up from the table.

Welp that for sure was akward.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"He totally has a crush on you. It's so obvious how could you not see it"! Ina throws her hands in the air giving me a look as if I was absurd. I watched Oskar leave out of the cafeteria.

"Even if he did have a crush on me I'm.... not interested". I say chomping on a celery stick.

"But why not?! He's hot, sexy, a royal what's not to love about him?! He's the total package". Ina swoons her eyes growing wide as if she was being serenaded.

"It seems to me you are the one who has a crush on him. Look can we please talk about something else". I give her a begging look.

"Fine. But don't say I never told you so" Ina raises her hand before digging into her salad.

"Since when have started eating healthy? I thought you said and I quote food should be enjoyable" I say teasing her.

"I never said I didn't like salad. I... ok fine I'm trying to slim down for the winter ball. I don't want to look all chubby and I need to fit into my dress" she groans as she pokes at a piece of carrot.

"They haven't announced anything yet though. And besides not after another student basically almost died the other day". The image still haunted her.

"At least she's okay. I thought for sure she would die... she looked possessed" Ina says with a shiver. After the student had been taken to the infirmary the whole school had been on edge.

"Hey... uh do you think they'll tell our parents.... ya know about what happened"? I ask while biting my lip.

"Most likely. It's the academy policy and don't ask me how I know that" Ina says with a roll of her eyes. As the day moves along we hang out outside for awhile soaking in the hot sun.

The air was crisp and fine and a bit chilly. As they sat outside they were totally clueless to the unknown girl standing behind the bushes. She wore an evil smirk and a scar passed through half her face.

She could still taste the blood of her recent victim.

She had waited days for this moment. It was finally time and she was ready to have her fill again. And when the time was right she would yell for her siblings and they would feast.

On human blood.