Angry Confrontations and Secrets

Nadine's POV

The day before the winter ball I had been so consumed with my newest art piece. Each night as I slept the mysterious wolf would come and invade my dreams. It left me with so many questions that I was barely able to speak.

The wolf would stare me down but it made no move to attack me. And for some strange reason I wasn't afraid. This big majestic wolf with rustic brown fur and beady brown eyes. It would sit there and stare at me it's eyes almost begging me for something.

I would reach out wanting to feel it's fur underneath my fingertips. But as soon as I was close to touching it I was jolted awake. Each time left me more and more confused. But at least I was able to capture its emotionless expression in my drawing.

With a deep sigh I shut my book closed placing it back into my bag. The bell had finally rang signaling lunch time. The hallways were buzzing as the whole academy was excited for the winter ball tomorrow.

I shoved my locker closed as I heard two girls gossiping about their dresses they were going to wear. I still hadn't been able to figure out who sent me the dress. Ina had been just as shocked as I was having no clue.

She was the only one with me when we went dress shopping. And the worse part about it was that there wasn't a single note left behind. I would find out who sent it to me, it was only a matter of time.

I made my way into the cafeteria to see Ina not sitting at our usual table. Instead she sat with the royals and the rest of the football team. Some of the cheerleaders hanged around the table as well. Ina sat talking with Teague and when his eye landed on me he waved at me maniacally.

Confused I slowly made my way towards them Oskars eyes immediately stopping on me. "Why are you sitting here"? I asked poking Ina's shoulder rather hard as I was starting to get anxious at everyone staring at me.

"Teague invited me over. Plus I think we need a little change of scenery" she says with a wink. I groan internally getting ready to leave when Teague places a hand around my wrist to stop me.

"We can sit somewhere else... I wanted to go outside anyway" he says immediately getting up from the table. Oskars jaw clenches as he stares at Teague's hand that's still holding onto my wrist. I pull on Ina's arm trying to help her out of the seat as she glares hard at me.

"Why do I have to leave? I want to sit here today" Ina groans with a pout. I roll my eyes at her childishness. If she wanted to sit with them then I wouldn't get in her way.

"Fine I guess we'll catch up later" I say before going to walk away with Teague. I can feel Oksars stare on my retreating back as me and Teague stop to grab some lunch.

Today was warm out and the sun beamed brightly. We decided to sit underneath a tree which had lots of shade. We sat at small bench opening up our lunch. "What's wrong you've been frowning ever since we came out here" Teague says chomping on his slice of pizza.

"I.... I just haven't been sleeping very well... it's no big deal" I waved off taking a bite from my sandwich. Teague doesn't question further as we silently eat our lunch.

"Are you ready for the ball tomorrow" ? Teague asks raising a brow. His red locks ruffled against the wind making him appear wild and carefree. One thing was for sure he was a good looking guy and he was absolutely sweet. Any girl would be lucky to be with him, I just didn't see him that way.

"No it's the one thing I've been dreading". I groan internally thinking about the busy day I had tomorrow. Ina had scheduled us a hair appointment after our morning classes. The academy was letting us out early so we could prepare.