Friendships And A Favor

Nadine's POV

Two weeks had gone by after it was announced that the academy would be hosting there annual race. I hadn't intented on participating in the race that is until the school made it mandatory. So that's the reason why me and Ina were currently working out in the gym.

"I can't believe they are making us do this stupid race" I groaned in despair. I stretch my arms out above my head.

"Welp at least we'll look good for the winter ball" Ina puffs out as she jumps rope. Her face was bright red and sweat dripped down her face. She had been working hard ever since the academy announced the race and winter ball. I think she needed this distraction after what took place the other day when we went into town.

I stretch my legs out wide. My muscles clenched in pain as I hadn't worked out in weeks. We spent an hour working out before heading back to our dorm. I grab a shower first and then Ina goes in after me.

I'm scrolling through Instagram when there is a sudden knock on the door. Getting up from the bed I go and see who it is, I'm shocked when I see Sages twin brother.

"Hey... what's up" I say coolly. We hadn't spoken since I helped him back to his room a few weeks ago. The bruises that scarred his face were no longer visible.

"Hey... I uh need a favor... if you don't mind" he says rubbing the back of his head nervously. I raise an eyebrow in question.

"Uh yeah sure. Just let me get my shoes" I say closing the door gently. I quickly grab my slippers and write a quick note for Ina. I slip my phone in my back pocket before opening the front door again.

We begin walking down the hall towards the entrance of the academy. "So what exactly does this favor entail"? I ask as I nervously fold my arms.

"Right... so I sort of...need you to... I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend" he rushes out closing his eyes as if I am about to hit him.

I process his words almost second guessing if I heard him right. "Say what-"

"Look I'll explain later. Right now my father is outside waiting to meet you. I promise I'll explain after okay" he gently pulls my arm forward. We step out onto the front steps of the academy.

A tall man with bronze hair and a suit is waiting with two guards behind him. An annoyed Sage stands beside him all dressed up with her a bored expression. When her eyes land on me her eyes light up with question.

"Teague I hope you are ready. I don't have all day. And who might this young lady be" ? The man asks his eyes landing on me in curiosity. Teague doesn't say anything so I clear my throat.

"Uhh I'm Nadine sir" I say shaking his rough hand. His eyes stare at me deeply as if trying to figure me out.

"Dad.. this is my girlfriend" Teague croaks out not at all convincing. Sage looks at us as if we just said the most ridiculous thing in the world.

"When the hell did this happen" ?!Sage asks a sudden rage in his voice confuses me. There father waves her off telling us to get in the car. I  hesitantly slide in next to Sage who still looks at me in suspicion.

The car ride to the restuarant is tense and I couldn't be more grateful when we stepped out. We entered an extravagant restaurant I suddenly feel out of place. We sit at a table in a secluded area.

We are given menus and my eyes go wide at the expensive prices. "So Nadine, what is it that you do"? There father asks folding his hands on the table neatly. His two bodyguards stand on each of his side.

"Uh well I'm an artist. I uh like to paint" I say fidgeting my fingers about. Teague gives me an encouraging smile grabbing my hand underneath the table.

"Interesting. And what do your parents do for work"? He places a  hand underneath his chin awaiting my answer. His vivid blue eyes almost watching my every move.

"Both my parents are interior designers" I say proudly. My fathers had accomplished so much for themselves.

"Interesting. I have to say I am surprised that Teague had chosen you to be his girlfriend. Dare I ask what attracted you to him". He shot question after question and it made me more nervous that I wouldn't be able to keep up.

"Dad... let the poor girl eat. We dont need to get into all of that right now" Teague finally says drawing his father's attention back to him. He reluctantly gave in and I sent Teague a grateful smile.

We ate in silence and all that could be heard was the clatter of our utensils against the plate. I ate every last bite of the delicious steak I ordered. The food was delicious and I wished I was filthy rich enough to come here all the time.

When it was time to go I bid farewell to Sage and Teagues father. "Thank you so much for the delicious meal Mr. Bilinsky" I say once we stand by the cars.

"The pleasure was all mine. I'm just glad Teague has found someone finally. I do hope we can do this again once I am back in town" Mr. Bilinsky says shaking my hand.

Bidding him farewell Teague, Sage, and I stood back as we watched there father's car drive away. "Ok will someone please explain what the hell is going on"! Sage gives us angry glare folding her arms.

"Chill out Sage. I asked Nadine for a favor is all" Teague nervously runs a hand behind his head nervously. I felt awkward as if I was stuck in the middle between a sibling war.

"Well father isn't stupid. I'm sure he doesn't actually believe you have a girlfriend. And you Nadine why would you agree to this"?! She points a finger at me and I give her a look of astonishment.

"I was just helping out a friend! Plus Teague didn't even tell me what the favor was until we got outside! So don't go blaming me" I say defensively. If she wanted to be angry at someone she was looking at the wrong person.

"Let's just head back to school. It's almost lights out anyway" I say hopping into Teagues car. Sage and Teague finally get in after whispering angrily to each other once I got in the car.

The car ride back to the academy was tense and no one said a word. When we finally arrived back at the academy I was surprised to see Ina and Oskar sitting on the school steps.

"You missy have some explaining to do" ! Ina screeches once I step out of the car. Oskar doesn't say a word as gets up lean against the brick wall.

"Yeah sure I'll tell you later right now I need to sleep" I say patting her head lightly. Ina immediately pulls me inside before I can say goodnight to Teague. She drags me all the way back to our dorm room not even listening when I tell her to slow down.

"Ok spill. How dare you leave a note like that without even texting me back! You were gone for two hours Nadine" Ina pouts and I plop face down on my bed.

"It was nothing really. Teague just asked me for a favor and I did it. No big deal and I was gonna call you but it must've slipped my mind" I say sheepishly.

"You had me so worried I even got Oskar to help me look for you! I was gonna call the police! She exaggerates and I roll my eyes.

"Well I'm fine. And doesn't seem as if Oskar looked worried, he didn't say one word to me" I say harshly sitting up in my bed.

"What's that about anyway? You two were getting along so well. Did something happen! Spill Spilll Spilll". Ina jumps onto my bed like a rabbit.

"Alright alright! Please stop all your jumping your giving me a headache" I say bringing a hand to my head. That night I told Ina everything that had happened. Me pretending to be Teagues girl for show to his dad. Even to Oskars confession.

Let's just say we stood up the whole night as Ina scolded me like I was some child. I went to bed that night wondering if I had ultimately made another friend out of Teague.

Although at the back of my mind Oskars piercing cold stare was on replay.