A Lifeless Blonde Girl

Nadine's POV

That night I layed twisting and turning. I couldn't sleep for the life of me so I stayed awake until eventually my eyes grew heavy. I regretted staying up as the next day I was irritable and cranky. Not to mention the image of Oskar and Sage sucking face kept replaying in my head.

With a deep sigh I walked silently to class as Ina chatted my ear off. "So I was thinking maybe we could color coordinate our dresses. I think we should go for red" Ina said excitedly.

I nodded my head not really paying attention. We sat in our usual seats for our history class. The classroom filled up and I was surprised to see Teague walk in. Confused I arched an eyebrow as he caught sight of me and came to sit at the other empty desk beside me.

"Since when are you in this class" I asked watching him sit down and pull out a notebook from his bag. Ina also leaned forward in her desk her eyes wide.

"Uh well I had to switch classes. They made a mistake on my schedule" Teague says rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"This is AP history. You'd have to be pretty smart to get in this class" I teased with a grin. He simply shrugged his shoulders as the teacher walked in. Class went on smoothly and I found myself seeking help from Teague whenever I was confused about something.

"Phew I swear history wears me out" Ina groans as we slowly walk to our next class. Teague walked with us with his hands in his pocket. We walked into the science lab for science class.

We made easy conversation. I silently conversed with Teague as he talked to me about new schedule. We were in our own little bubble I didn't even see see when Oskar and Sage came in. But I was for sure glared at the whole time.

When class was over I made my way to my locker to drop off my books. Just as I shut my locker closed I come face to face with a blank faced Logan Callaghan. The quietest out of the royals and usually kept to himself.

We hadn't talked since I found him sleeping in the art room. "We need to talk" he says cutting straight to the chase".

"Well hello to you too" I joke giggling but soon stop once I see he is not amused. He runs a hand through his brunette hair before motioning his head down the hall.

"Follow me. We can't talk here, there are too many people around" he began to walk down the hall and around a corner. He enters the music room and I close the door behind me.

I felt nervous as he folded his arms and gave me an emotionless stare. " so what's up" I say nervously wiping my sweaty hands on my uniform skirt.

"I'm worried about Oskar. The past few days he hasn't exactly been himself" he says crossing his arms. I could see the concern on his face  for his friend which was a first since he was always expressionless.

"I... I wouldn't know anything. We're not exactly on speaking terms" I say with a shrug. After our fight he had done everything in his power to avoid me. I didn't miss the glares during class as I sat with Teague and Ina.

"He's been irritable. And I figured his new girlfriend would notice but she is completely clueless. I'm worried she could be using him". Logan began to pace back in forth his brunette hair wildly sat atop his head.

"Look Logan I don't know what exactly you want me to do. I mean isn't he your friend" I say sheepishly. It's not as if I had some magical powers that could solve anyone's problems.

"Talk to him. From what I know he's been going to his father's company". My mind went back to when Oskar had been dressed up in a suit. He stood beside a dark haired man who I presumed to be his father.

"Talk to him yourself! I'm not some therapist" I scream out before stomping out of the room. But not before hearing him mumble out

"I already tried"

I made my way down the hall feeling frustrated. I head outside to the courtyard where a few students are lounging about. I needed fresh air so I plopped down on a bench resting my head down.

Logan's words plagued my mind. Oskar was no doubt a jerk, there was no denying that. Something inside me felt guilty about blowing him off and denying him as a friend. Even if he had gone to the extreme of dating Sage to piss me off.

I wanted to ignore my growing feelings. But everytime I looked at him my heart yearned for his attention. I'd follow him like a lost puppy and I was scared of how I felt.

Speaking of the devil and he shall appear. I watched Oskar playing basketball with a couple of other students. He was shirtless and he definitely worked hard to get a body like his. Even with the sweat and all he was a sight to see and I soaked him up.

I was enamored by him. So much so I didn't even see a hand placed on my shoulder. Confused I turn to look at a girl  with blonde hair and blue eyes who was bleeding profusely on her shoulder.

"Help me.... please...."

That was the last thing she said before collapsing onto the ground. I screamed trying to wake her up. The guys on the basketball court must have heard me as they all turned to see what was going on.

My hands shook as I gently tried walking the girl up. Soon a crowd circled around us and I felt a pair of hands circle around my waist. "Let me go we need to help her"! I screamed and sobbed as the girl's body started to convulse.

"Nadine you need to calm down! Your gonna make yourself sick. Look at me". Hands pulled my face away from the girl and I stared into the familiar green eyes. He directed me into deep breaths before pulling my head into his chest.

Soon the paramedics were called. The girl was lifted into the ambulance. I watched as it drove away the colors blue and red flashing brightly. I felt myself being pulled to sit on the bench.

Oskar held me close not saying a word.

He didn't need to.