maybe

maybe it was my fault.
maybe it's true that i'm cold hearted.
maybe it's true that i don't care.
maybe i'm broken and can't love like everyone else?

maybe the reason as to why i can't give you my heart is hidden at the bottom of a sea so deep, i can't see the end of it.

maybe that's where i'm left after you leave and never come back, desperately trying to find the reason as to why my love won't breathe.

but i'm weak, my feeble body can't take the dive needed to look into the dark abyss where the treasure lies.

every time it seems like it's just within my grasp, my lungs give out and i need to go back up for air, leaving me empty handed, not knowing why i can't love you in the same way you love me. not knowing why, even though i feel the flame burning bright inside, i can only spit out an icy storm. harsh, cold and capable of killing everything around me.

maybe there's something wrong with me? something that won't let me express myself decently? only letting me talk to a page that no one will ever see, as much as i wish.

maybe i don't understand.
maybe i just wish you would stay,
i wish you could understand.
but how could you understand something about me that i don't understand?
something that maybe, i'll never understand.