Alone in a room?

I'm sitting on the floor, in the dark. Hopeless, crying, my head buried in my knees. There's nothing else in the room except for a slightly opened door, and through the crack a bright white light spills in. It dimly lights up the room, but not completely.

The corner I'm trapped in is pitch black all around. The light looks like it's crawling towards me slowly, but it never crawls close enough to reach me, as if it were playing a game and the darkness was too hot to touch. It dances around my shrunken figure, giving me hope but not enough.

I'm gradually giving up the belief that the light might get here as it feels like I've been sitting here for days, weeks, months. I close my eyes slowly, preparing to give in to the darkness.

Luckily, you peeked in through the crack in the door just in time, casting a shadow over a shaking figure in a corner. You see me and decide to come in, letting the light seep into the room completely. You approach me slowly and ask if I'm okay but of course, I don't need to reply for you to know the answer, you know it already.

So you sit next to me and put an arm around me, letting me lie against you and feel safe, being able to cry and let it all out while you whisper and assure me that everything will be okay and that everything will get better, there's no need to feel this way. You saved me from the darkness just in time.

I open my eyes as i'm finished crying, i'm just about to look at you and thank you, but you're gone. You've left me alone once more, and closed the door behind you.