Snowy Skeleys

I walked out into the cold snow. What is with the underground? One minute you're in a place of ruins and then you're in the snow.

I pushed forward even though I was freezing my butt off. As I walked up to a bridge I kept hearing noises behind me like footsteps. I turned around once to check only to see a big branch I had stepped over was now smashed. Cold and afraid I finally reached the bridge.

Scaring me shitless, I heard a low voice behind me.

" H u m a n . D o n ' t y o u k n o w h o w t o g r e e t a n e w p a l ? T u r n a r o u n d a n d s h a k e m y h a n d . "

Not wanting to make whoever was behind me mad I turned around, hand out. Right before I was going to shake his hand I noticed something pink. I pointed to it and looked up questioningly.

Then I took a look at him. He was...a skeleton?

"Heheheh the old whoopie cushion in the hand trick, I'm surprised you didn't fall for it," He said with a smile. "I'm Sans, Sans the skeleton."

That scared me a bit. Flowey said his name like that right? What if this skeleton was like Flowey?

"I'm actually supposed to be looking for humans right now but I'm not big on capturing anybody. Now my brother Papyrus is a human hunting fanatic, so be careful kiddo."

He seemed to be sizing me up with every look which almost scared me more than his words. Being scared out of my mind from what Toriel said and from Flowey I decided to bolt.

Sans P.O.V

What the hell was with this kid? I mean first, she seems fine, and the next she bolts. Was it my appearance? My words? I know some humans are prejudiced against monsters but the ones that fall down never have been. They go through enough trouble with humans that they seem to like us more than their own kind...until one of us kills them that is.

What surprised me, even more, was she wasn't Frisk. Frisk always falls for the handshake bit if they lift their hand even an inch.

Either way, I gotta follow this kid. If anything happens to Papyrus....well she's gonna have a bad time.

I teleported around following the kid, watching her run past my brother and almost frantically work through the puzzles. She seemed smarter than Frisk, the puzzles were almost too easy for her even in her frantic state.

But right before she reached Snowdin I teleported in front of her.

"Hiya."

She fell to the ground in surprise.

"Look, we may have gotten off on the wrong bone. You didn't even get to hear my hilarious puns. I mean I've been workin' myself to the bone trying to stay caught up with ya."

She looked like she wanted to say something but the words were too hard to get out.

"You're going into Snowdin, right? Once you go to leave, my brother will be there. He's going to want to capture you...l e t h i m."

She stood up finally, shaking a bit.

"If I find one scratch on his bones...well you're gonna have a bad time."

She looked back, almost as if she was thinking of running again. But I noticed something when she turned and her sleeve moved up. Were those....scars?

What kinda kid has those scars? I could tell they were done by herself. What person would do that to themselves?

"Kid..."

She looked like she was putting the pieces together from my reaction. She then had tears in her eyes and then bolted again.

Damn it....what is going on?