Dinner

Your P.O.V.

"Sans?" I said.

He had just been standing there, staring at me. The more he did, the bluer his face got. I could tell my face was getting warm as well.

"Wh-what?" He seemed to come out of his trance.

"You've just been staring at me the last couple of minutes..."

"Sorry Sweetheart, I know it's rude to stare but...you're just so God damn beautiful."

"S-sans!"

"Come on, can't a skeleton tell the truth?"

"Y-yeah but..."

"You still don't believe it do you?"

I looked down at my feet. He hit it right on the nose.

"I promise after tonight, you'll feel like the most beautiful thing on the planet."

"Depends on this date...did you planet well?"

He chuckled. "I hope so."

"I'm sure you did, let's go!"

"Alright, alright," Sans said laughing.

He grabbed my hand and then we were in the restaurant. It was dark and there were candles on the table. I soft jazzy kind of song played in the background. I didn't know the song but it sounded nice and comforting, it kind of reminded me of Sans.

Sans pulled a chair out for me and I sat down with a smile. He pushed me in and then went to sit in his own seat.

"What do you think of the place?" he asked.

"I like it...it's quiet."

"Yeah, that's one thing it's got goin for it."

"Where is this exactly?"

"MTT resort in Hot Land. I had the guy but I gotta give him props for the restaurant at least."

I nodded.

"Hey uh...let me tell you a story," Sans said.

"Alright."

"So I'm a sentry for Snowdin forest, right? I sit out there and watch for humans, it's kind of boring. Fortunately, deep in the forest, there's this HUGE locked door. And it's perfect for practicing knock-knock jokes. So one day, I'm knocking them out like usual. I knock on the door and say, 'knock-knock'. Then suddenly from the other side, I hear a woman's voice."

I know immediately who he's talking about. Toriel must get so lonely...

"She says, 'who is there?' So naturally, I respond, 'dishes'. 'Dishes who?' 'Dishes a very bad joke'."

I start giggling at this point.

"Then she just howls with laughter like it's the best joke she's heard in a hundred years. So I keep 'em coming and she keeps laughing. She's the best audience I've ever had, till you of course. Then after a dozen of them, SHE knocks and says 'knock-knock!', I say 'who's there?' 'Old lady!' 'Old lady who?' 'Oh! I did not know you could yodel!'"

I giggle again, I don't know why but silly jokes always got to me.

"Needless to say, this lady was extremely good. We kept telling each other knock-knock jokes for hours. Eventually, I had to leave, Paps gets kinda cranky without his bedtime story, but she told me to come by again, so I did. Then I did it again. And again. It became a thing, telling bad jokes through the door."

He was silent for a moment.

"One day though...I noticed she wasn't laughing very much. I asked her what was up. Then she told me something strange. 'If a human ever comes through this door...could you please, please promise me something? Watch over them, and protect them, will you not?' Now I hate making promises, and this woman I don't even know her name. But...someone who sincerely likes bad jokes...has an integrity you can't say 'no' to."

He was silent again...and the music went off.

"Do you get what I'm saying, y/n? That promise I made to her...you know what would have happened if she hadn't said anything?....buddy....y o u w o u l d h a v e b e e n d e a d w h e r e y o u s t o o d."

Sans's pupils disappeared and I felt that fear I felt the first day I met him.

Then his pupils reappeared and the music returned. He started laughing his face off.

"Oh my god, your face!" He said between laughs.

"Sans!" I said angrily.

"Sorry, sorry, Sweetheart. But do you truly think I would have done that? I mean the first day I might have...but after that? Once I knew who you really were...I was in love."

This made me tear up, being the romantic sap I am.

"I just want you to take care of yourself kid....cause the people down here really care about you."

Then food was set in front of us and we both had a confused look. We never ordered?

"Would you look at that ladies and gentlemen! It seems the date is going wonderfully! I wonder what the happy couple will do next!?"

Sans looked utterly pissed.

"METTATON I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR METAL ASS!"

"Whoops! Sorry folks it seems your star is done for the night!"

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING OUT OF THIS THIS TIME YOU PINK MOTHER FUCKER!"

Sans then ran after Mettaton with a lot of screams coming from both of them.

I sighed. And then I laughed. Then I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Soon both of them stopped running around and looked at me. Then for some odd reason, they started laughing too. I guess we were all going crazy!