Why...

*Trigger warning though idk why exactly you read this book knowing it would be depressing if you get triggered by such things*

Your P.O.V.

It started out as a great day. In fact, I was over the moon at waking up next to Sans with a kiss on my forehead and the buzz of happiness from yesterday. But sometimes happy things come at a price.

"Good mornin' sweetheart," Sans said, his voice almost lower than normal since he just woke up.

"Mornin," I said softly before yawning.

We got off the couch and Sans got us both a cup of cereal. We ate it in happy silence till Sans got a phone call.

"I'll be there...yeah...yeah, I get it," He said to whoever was on the other end. He then hung up and sighed.

"Sorry sweetheart but it seems I've got stuff to do today...I'll come back and hang out with you later okay?"

"Alright, be safe?"

"Always," he said kissing the top of my head and then teleporting away.

I sat there for a minute taking in the silence. Something felt...off...but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I went back into the living room and looked around. It was too quiet...where was Papyrus? I haven't seen him for a couple of days now...

I started searching for a house for him. I swear I looked everywhere. Even in a cabinet that held a...bone...and a dog?

But no Papyrus....what was going on?

I heard a phone ring from Papyrus's room and ran up to answer it...it was Sans...was he crying.

"Pap?"

"N-no, it's y/n, I can't find him, what's going on Sans?"

"Y/n...god....look I don't want to do this...but I have no choice....we can't be together."

"W-what...Sans why..."

"I'm sorry y/n...what I did yesterday was a mistake...I-I gotta go... goodbye sweetheart."

The line went dead.

Why, god, why is this happening...I thought I finally found someone that wanted me...sure I had my mom and friends who said they loved me on the surface but the more I looked back on it, the more I realized that they didn't really. My mom barely talked to me anymore and it seemed my friends only kept me around out of pity or to get something from me.

I thought Sans was finally the one. The one who would accept me no matter what and actually loved me. I guess I was wrong...I guess I'm truly unloveable...

I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my face. There was only one thing that could make me feel better...I've been clean for so long but...who cares anymore.

I went to the kitchen and pulled out a knife.

*another trigger warning just in case, seriously if you can't handle self-harm, talk of suicide, or blood, please leave*

I didn't know where I was going till I got there but when I saw the glowing flowers I knew.

There was a bunch right next to a lake where I decided to sit. I took off my shoes and socks and let my feet soak in the water.

I looked down at the knife, tears still in my eyes, and pulled up my sleeve. I lifted the blade and put it against my wrist. It felt cold yet familiar. Then I pulled it along my skin. The sting came with adrenaline coursing through my body.

Then I did it again....and again....and again. I soon ran out of the room, blood on my arms, and crying my eyes out.

I looked out at the lake....wouldn't it be nice to just....drift away.

I felt my body move before I told it to and soon my body was covered up to my neck.