Grillby's

Your P.O.V.

Sans wanted to take me somewhere. He called it the best restaurant in the underground. Seeing it though, made me think it was just his opinion and that not many others came here.

We entered Grillby's and soon I smelled warm foods and heard talking all around. Soon people turned and saw me. The talking stopped.

"Hey everyone, what's with the long faces? Hehe, this is my friend y/n, please welcome her," Sans announced and walked up to the bar.

I followed feeling a bit uneasy. We sat at the bar and Sans ordered a bottle of ketchup?

"Burger or fries?" He asked me.

I held up a 2 for the second one. He ordered my fries and as we waited people started getting loud again.

"I wanted to ask ya somethin, have you ever heard of a talking flower?" Sans asked.

I was a bit surprised he knew of Flowey but I nodded.

"So you know all about it, the echo flower. They're all over Waterfall, say somethin to them and they'll repeat it over and over."

I calmed down a bit realizing he wasn't talking about Flowey.

"Papyrus told me something interesting the other day," He continued as our food was set in front of us. "Sometimes, when no one else is around...a flower appears and whispers things to him. Flattery...advice..encouragement...predictions. Weird, huh? Someone must be using an echo flower to play a trick on him. Keep an eye out, okay? Thanks."

"S-sans?" I said quietly. "What do you know about a talking yellow flower?"

The whites of his eyes disappeared. "Y o u k n o w d o n ' t y o u."

I nodded.

"What did he say to you?" He asked, the whites of his eyes returning.

"He tried to trick me...he wanted me to trust him...then he tried to kill me."

I shoved a hand full of fries in my mouth. Flowey was not what I wanted to be thinking about right now.

Sans looked pissed. "I swear I'm gonna kill that flower."

I put a hand on his arm. "I'm alright, okay? Papyrus is alright."

"Yeah, but what if that weed decides he's gonna pop up and kill one of you guys? I can't stand the thought of losing you or Paps."

"That's why you're here to protect us, right?" I asked with a smile.

"Yeah...yeah, I'll protect you kiddo," he said and then took a drink of his ketchup.

"Ewwwwww," I said giggling.

"What, never wanted to ketchup on your condiments?"

I started laughing even more at this.

Sans chuckled at my laughter and I swear I heard him whisper, "God she's beautiful..."

Eventually, I stopped laughing and looked at him. Did he seriously say that or am I imagining things?

"What?" He asked.

I felt my face heat up. "N-nothing," I stuttered and finished up my fries.

"Anyways, what is your plan now that you're down here? Are you gonna stay or...?"

I didn't think about that. Leaving the underground? I know my friends and mom are probably waiting for me but honestly...I felt more love down here than I ever did on the surface.

"Shouldn't I meet everyone first?" I asked.

Sans's face seemed to twitch. "Before you leave orrr?"

"Before I make a decision."

"Right...I guess that's fair.

"Is there a problem?"

He smiled at me but it seemed...fake, like Toriel's. "Not at all, I'm sure everyone would love to meet you, even if you don't wanna talk to them right away."

"You uh...noticed that?"

"It's kinda hard not to kiddo. But why are you so scared to talk to people?"

"I don't know...I just don't think what I have to say is very important, and my voice sounds weird. I don't think people would want to hear it."

"Well you're wrong kid, your voice is great and so are your words, and I'm sure one day everyone will wanna hear it."

I smiled at his words. He got off his stool and held out his hand to me.

"C'mon, we'll take a shortcut."

With a slight blush, I took his hand.