✨Sookai✨

Kai and Soobin owning a flower store together.

~

𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂

~

"Mr. Choi, here's the key to your new building." The rough real estate man said. Soobin and Kai had been working to buy this building for months, (lucky not longer since no one else wanted it) and finally it was there's. Kai quickly grabbed the key and almost broke it putting it in the key hole. The old lock clicked and the door was open. Kai's eyes went wide with happiness as he saw the old building that was definitely going to need lots of work. "Bro, you didn't tell me it was this bad!" Yeonjun exclaimed as he survived the mess. Soobin looked away from his friend, "You promised you'd help, we can't do this ourselves." Kai said with a small pout and a stern voice. Yeonjun groaned but reluctantly went to the truck, they had rented, and started to unload the cleaning supplies. "Then let's get started or we're never going to get this done." Soobin followed and thanked Yeonjun for not giving up on their dream.

~(small time skip)~

It was night now and all of the boys were tired. They had barely made a dent in the cleaning needed to be done, yet everyone was exhausted. Soobin sat on one of the chairs left behind by the previous owners, opened a bottle of water and watched his husband enthusiastically clean. He smiled softly, thinking of how much this meant to Kai.

Kai had always told Soobin that he wanted to open a flower shop, and Soobin always entertained the dream of his partner. Of course they couldn't just open a shop right out of college they had to wait a bit and save money. Then they got married and it took even longer. Soon Soobin found himself to be 27 and Kai had somehow played his cards right (literally, Kai played a poker game with some of his other friends one night and just so happened to win a discounted price on the building, from his friend who was a real estate agent, and the rest of the money needed to buy the building.) So here they were finally owning the building fully and working twords Kai's dream.

"Soobin-ah are going to just sit there all night or are you going to help?" Yeonjun asked. Soobin blushed and picked his broom back up to continue sweeping.

~(another skip)~

It had been 2 weeks and they had finally cleaned the place up. They actually needed more help than just Beomgyu, Taehyun and Yeonjun. They had to call in their sunbae's to help. With the extra 7 hands they were finally able to clean the building. With the last of the grim and dirt gone they needed to paint the shop and furnish the shop. Kai insisted to their sunbae's that they would be fine doing it themselves, yet Namjoon insisted they stay and help, or at least when they got free time. So with all 12 hands on deck, they decided to split into groups. Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Jungkook, Namjoon, and Seokjin would paint and work on the building itself, and Kai, Taehyun, Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyun would work on buying furniture, picking out flower stuff and ads for the shop. With the groups decided they all set off on the next of their work.

~(sorry but I need to keep time moving)~

Soobin went to the local hardware store to get paint and tools. He had already contacted a trusted electrician and plumber to make sure nothing would be bad there, then he had to call an inspection guy to make sure there was no mold or infestations. The had them scheduled for around the same time so that he would only have them there once hopefully, and while they were doing their thing, he needed to buy paint and stainer. He let out a big sigh as he looked over all of the possible colors of blue. Kai had said to get blue paint. 'Why are there so many shades of blue?' he asked himself. Kai hadn't specified so he would just have to trust his instincts. He grabbed a few samples of pale blue, as well as 1 pale green, 1 pale pink, and a darker blue. As he finished checking out, he got a text from Kai saying he needed something from the hardware store. Soobin rubbed his temple. He went back in and searched for an hour for what his husband needed just to get a text from said man that he didn't need it anymore because he found the other one. Soobin let out another sigh, this time a frustrated one, and left the store.

When he got into his car he took a moment to chill out. He would admit that opening a flower shop was harder work than he originally thought. The back breaking labor, frustration, pointless arguments and overall stress was getting to him. But he couldn't let himself get to upset, this was for Kai. His husband and love of his life. He would keep it together for Kai.

~(I hate time skips but it's all boring in between)~

Finally they had finished. Moving the furniture hurt Soobin's back but he would manage, because the look of pure joy on Kai's face was worth everything they had gone through. The nights of fighting, late nights, exhaustion, stress, pain, everything was forgotten when Kai saw the final product. The sign above the shop read "Dream Chapter" and the baby blue walls and yellow doors looked amazing. The window seals were also painted yellow. The flowers that lined the windows and pot plants were beautiful touches. The inside was a blend of blue, purple and pink, all pale colors and very welcoming. The shop was lined with flowers and vases and it gave off peaceful vibes. Kai looked up at Soobin with tears in his eyes. Soobin panicked, "Do you not like it? We can change it if you don't like it." Kai laughed and shook his head, "No! Don't change anything! It's all perfect! It's exactly what I've always dreamed of!" He was still crying but he was smiling even bigger. Soobin smiled and took his husband's hand to the hand painted open/closed sign. "Then will you do the honors?" he asked, letting go of Kai's hand. Kai smiled and grabbed Soobin's hand back. "Let's do it together." Soobin squeezed his hand back, and they both looked out the window at all of their friends and customers. Then the both somehow turned it to say open. There were hoots and hollers that came from outside. Both smiled at each other as people flooded the store for the grand opening. Kai squeezed Soobin's hand again, "Our dream finally came true." Soobin smiled as he watched the customers ooo and ah at the store.

What's an ending? Never heard of her. I hope you enjoyed reading this story, I enjoyed writing it. (not really but that's ok) I tried but I didn't know exactly what to do with this prompt. Don't worry eventually I'll get in a groove. Also I hope to be working on that Soulmate+Hanahaki AU. This is my favorite ship and now I'm sad that I'm done. Oh whale! I hope you actually did like this story.

 If you have any requests let me know! I enjoy writing for people!