Why him

Y/N POV

After Reiji finished his tea he spoke, breaking the silence between us.

"How would you feel about a ball" he said quite bluntly.

"What, I don't understand what you mean" I guess my mind didn't expect him to say that of all things.

" I know this won't go over well with my brothers but our father has requested our presence at a formal banquet or gala".

I sat there a bit stunned " why did he invite us I mean aren't you all on bad terms at the moment".

His expression changed a bit " I suppose your right and why he invited us I can't say but I wanted to ask before I just accepted".

"I'm fine with it, it's everyone else you'll have to convince" I said and as a reply he sighed.

"That is going to be my problem".

"Let's round everyone up and ask" how bad can this be.

So we went and gathered everyone in the living room.

"What is the point of gathering us all here Reiji" Aurelia asked sincerely and kindly.

Everyone seemed to pay attention, even Shu had his eyes open; how surprising.

"I received a formal invatation to a banquet gala being hosted by our father".

"No" ayato said and stood up to leave and Laito seemed to follow right behind him.

"WHY HIM!" kanato yelled and stomped over to his brothers.

"I've never been to a banquet or a gala before" Aurelia said "What is it like?"

Various responses echoed through the room, some good and some not so good.

"I'm not going " ayato said bluntly.

"Ayato-" Reiji began but was quickly cut off.

"I said no, I hate that man with a burning passion. You can go but me, hell no. I would rather die than show up to an event with his name on it." Ayato spat bitterly.

"I'll go but I am not talking to him" subaru said almost like he didn't want to go but knew it was better that he did.

"Understandable, thank you for cooperating Subaru" Reiji said.

He nodded and looked over to the triplets.

Laito stood silent, by the look on his face he was balancing pros and cons of going. Also probably seeing how much self restraint he has left as to not kill his father by means of his own hatred.

Kanato stared at the ground, not sure what may be going through his head.

Before anyone could look at ayato Shu stood up. Most of the attention turned to him; nobody expected him to stand up.

"Accept the invitation, otherwise you know what he'll do." Shu began walking to the stairs but stopped next to the triplets.

"This is the lesser of two evils" and like that he was gone, classic Shu.

"Fine, I'll go" ayato gave a somewhat annoyed sigh and disappeared.

"I guess you ladies will need to find dresses and such if your going" kou said.

Slowly the party dispersed until it was Reiji and I left.

"That went better than I expected" Reiji said.

"Thanks to Shu, I guess his last few sentences got to them" I couldn't help but laugh lightly thinking of the triplets right now complaining and going on and on.