Everything Has Changed

"All I know since yesterday, yeah
Is everything has changed
And all my walls
Stood tall painted blue
But I'll take 'em down,
Take 'em down
And open up the door for you"
-Taylor Swift "Everything Has Changed"

When Harry arrived back to Grimmauld Place after his visit to Malfoy Manor, he was immediately assaulted by the presence of Hermione and Ron who looked like they had been waiting for hours. Both gave him a suffocating hug simultaneously. He huffed out a laugh.

Ron was the first to speak. "Mate, so how did it go with the little white ferret? I see you are still among the living."

Hermione watched Harry as he blushed and smiled. "Harry, you can tell us anything. We just want you to be happy."

Harry sighed happily. "I actually had a bloody good time. Narcissa and Draco are so much different without the elder Malfoy around. It was refreshing."

Hermione announced that she had make a pot of tea. Both Ron and Hermione wanted a play by play of his afternoon with the Malfoys.

Once the tea was ready, they sat in the sitting room.

Ron observed Harry trying to think of what to say. "So out with it. Please tell us what happened."

Hermione gave Ron a scathing look. "Harry take your time. Don not listen to Ron. Tell us if you are comfortable to do so." She gave Harry a soft smile.

As they drank their tea, Harry recounted the afternoon with the Malfoys. He did not tell his friends everything that happened for obvious reasons.

Hermione gave him a knowing smile like she knew he was holding something back but thankfully she did not say anything.

Hermione spoke up. "That is brilliant, Harry! I am so happy you reconciled with Draco. It will benefit both of you."

Ron gave Hermione a strange look. "Bloody hell! If either of you think this is going to end well, you're both daft!" He shook his head.

Hermione smacked Ron's arm and gave him a nasty look. "Ron! Do not be so rude! Like you would know if this will work out! You have an emotional range of a bloody teaspoon! We should both be supportive. The war is over and it is time to put everything in the past. If we do not another war will happen in the future which none of us want. If Draco and Harry can move passed everything that happened, we owe it to them to give them a chance."

Ron grumbled under his breath and let out a frustrated sigh. He nodded. "Just don't expect me to be friends with his ferret face! He's been bloody awful to me and Ginny. Harry, you can't possibly believe he has changed and have forgiven him. Even with his Death Eater father rotting in Azkaban. We're your family. Do you know how my family is going to feel? Probably betrayed!"

Again, Hermione smacked him but this time in the head. "Ron, you do not have to agree but just trust Harry's judgement. I know it is hard. I mean Draco was just as awful to me as he was to you and Ginny. But I choose to give Harry a chance to figure out if Draco is being genuine. Do not jump down his throat! And definitely do not make Harry feel guilty for wanting a friendship with a Malfoy family member. You forget that Narcissa saved us all even if it was for selfish reasons. She still saved us. And Draco never outed us at Malfoy Manor when we were captured. He risked his safety lying for us. In my mind, both instances were pretty bloody important in the war. I do not know what would have happened if neither happened. We could all be dead or enslaved by Voldemort."

Harry watched both his friends bickering. He was glad they figured out they were not compatible before they got serious. He could not imagine them married.