7: The Three Ameigos

Who are you? It's a simple question and of course he wants to know who I am. Only it's not simple when you shouldn't tell.

"Come on you gotta have a name." He prompts.

I look away from him. I can't look at him and speak. It's not smart for me.

"I don't have one." I mutter.

My head is heavy and I'm going to crash again.

"Fine then why'd you try to hurl yourself out of the window?"

"I don't recall." I answer my eyes meeting his in a glare.

"Well we found this in the bag you threw out the window." He says tossing the notebook on the table and sliding the computer with it.

"I've never seen those in my life." I say my voice dry and monotone. I didn't even take the time to make him think I recognized it to begin with.

He rolls his eyes. "Do we need to do this the hard way? Cause I can get someone in here."

I glare at him. What's one more fucking scar after all?

"Fine." He sighs.

Getting up he walks over the the door and bangs on it three times. It opens a crack and he exchanges a few words with the other person before it shuts again.

"I'm going to get you to speak one way or another girl." He growls.

I think his words were meant to scare me, but more vial things have been sneered at me.

Five minutes later the door opens and a tall skinny man walks in with a bag. He sets it on the table with a thud while the contents in side clink together.

"Why couldn't you have just told us what we wanted to know?" He asks opening the bag and playing with the tools inside.

He's bluffing. It's a scare tactic. I lean back in the chair watching him and waiting.

"Do your worst." I say glaring at both of them.

The man shrugs pulling out a knife and walking towards me. I manage not to flash back to when my father did this exact motion. Only he was more demented.

He pulls my shirt up and runs the blade to cut the fabric all the way to the neck so that it falls open like a button up shirt.

I keep my eyes focused on the President's face to see their reactions.

"Jesus fuck." The guy with the knife mutters standing back away from me.

The President narrows his eyes on my exposed skin before his mouth clenches. Not only do I have scars running over my skin but there is a tattoo on the ribs just below my bra I was held down to get when I was sixteen. One that marks me a traitor and a belonging to the Red Bastards.

"Who are you?" The President growls.

"My name is Nyx." I say softly glancing down at where his eyes are trained. The tattoo.

It's a deep tattoo that when I run my fingers over it I can feel the divots that were made. I can feel each letter that spells out what I am. Whore. Traitor. Murderer. Then of course the fine print. If found please return to the Red Bastards. It's all framed by the Red Bastards logo.

"We gonna kill her boss?" The man asks.

"You a Red Bastard?" The President asks instead.

"They aren't my people. They've never been my people." I say not knowing why I'm telling him this. I rather have the guy shove that knife into my chest and end me already.

"Who are you to the club?" Is his next question.

"I think you already know." I say watching his face.

"You're Diamonds fucking daughter aren't you?" The other man growls before stalking towards me with the knife.

"You almost look like my old man right now." I say making him and the President freeze.

"What?" The man asks.

"You got the same look he had every time he tied me down and taught me a lesson. Don't have friends or you get a cut. Don't talk to boys or you get a cut. Don't leave your room or you get a cut. Don't breath or you get a fucking cut." My voice rises until it breaks on the last word my father would spew at me. "He may be my father but don't you ever fucking mistake me for being anything other than a cutting board to him."

I'm jerking against the ropes making the chair move. Maybe I've finally done it. Maybe this is my final snapping point.

"So fucking kill me! He will if he gets his hands on me again!" I yell slamming back in my chair.

"Answer one question for me Nyx." The President says.

"Shoot."

"Why the hell did you have my number taped to the wall back at the factory?"

Really? That's his question? I've just word vomited some things that I would have never told anyone and he wants to know why I have his number.

"You gave it to me the night I ran two months ago. You almost hit me on the street."

His eyes flash with recognition.

"I was never going to call it, but I had it just in case. Anything you find on that laptop or in that notebook is my safety. So if you are going to kill me do it already. God knows the Bastards will only hate that they didn't get to do it themselves."