10: The Deal

Let me know what you think, please. Comment your thoughts so I can get feed back!
-XO
---------------------------------------------------------

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" I ask stepping out of arms reach from him.

"Because of this." He holds up my notebook.

Crap. They still have my stuff.

"What about it?"

I needed to get my shit and get out of here. Looks like skipping town was going to happen a lot sooner than I was banking on.

"You have information on the Red Bastards that even my spys can get." Jax looked slightly impressed.

"How'd you get it?" Is his question and I didn't want to answer.

I mean sure he should know, maybe, but not everyone gets to know everything.

"You don't want to know."

And that was the truth. He didn't want to know how I got most of that information in that book. Like how my dad and brother have ties to trafficing girls for sex workers.

"I think I do. And I think you want to tell me." He leans forward his eyes still running over my body.

I was expecting to feel the revultion I normally felt, but instead my body flushed from the attention. He made me feel exposed when I was wearing more clothes than most of the women in here were.

"Look buddy, I just need my shit back and then I'm out of town. I'm not going to be your prisoner or informant. Whatever it was that you had planned for me. So when my shift ends can you please have someone bring my bag down here?"

Jax bit his lip as he sat back in his chair. It was uncanny how good looking he was. I mean I didn't even know guys could be this good looking. But then again he hasn't laid a misguided finger on me.

I found that even if you're handsome you can still turn into the ugliest thing on planet earth if you have bad intentions. It was sad how I knew that so well.

"I'll make you a deal." He starts and I slowly walk to the bar letting my heels click as I do.

"Yeah? What's that?" Curiosity was running through me as he thought about how he was going to say whatever it was.

It was killing me slowly with how long he is taking.

"You don't have a house or a place to stay, right? That's why you were squatting in one of my wearhouses?"

"Yeah. So what?"

"You help me figure out what your father's next move is against my club, and you have a place to stay where no one will ever come looking at."

How the hell could he be so certain that no one would ever come looking for me at where ever he wanted me to stay?

"And why should I help you?"

I wasn't going to say no just yet. Hearing him out was probably the smartest thing to do, even though it could possibly be the stupidest thing.

"You hate Dimond, right? I'm giving you an opportunity to bring his little fucked up empire down."

He had me there. My father was going to hell, and I would be lying if I said I didn't want to be the one to do it.

"And where is this place? I can't be on the radar or the Red Bastard's will be right there to take me back. And I'm not going back Jax."

Jax looked like he understood, and could see that there were more reasons that I couldn't go back than what I was presenting.

"Don't worry. Nothing is in your name. You'll be staying in my house, and the Bastards aren't smart enough to think you'd run to the King's anyways."

"Fine. But I can keep my jobs, and you have no say in where I can and can't go. I'm not a prisoner so you can't keep me locked away. I'm not doing that again."

"Right. Of course. I'm going to make a few calls, and when you're done here." He gestures around him, "Then I'll take you back to my place to get settled."

"Fine." I agree before going back to my job.

What did I just get myself into?

******************

The night went on and I got some tips here and there. I also had to watch a few of the dancers throw themselves as Jax. I heard a few of them try to give him their numbers and I couldn't refrain from rolling my eyes at them.

They were working for gosh sake. Why would they need to be flirting on the job? Well I mean that was sort of their job, but like they didn't need to be flirting with Jax.

... Wait. What? Why do I care? I shouldn't care. I don't even know him.

Groaning I walk back to the changing room and shower getting the smell of old guys off me before getting into a pair of grey sweatpants and a tank top that I had stashed in my locker here.

"You ready?" Jax asks just as I exit the locker room.

"Jesus!" I breathe slamming back into the wall when I see him.

"Didn't mean to scare you." He says laughing at me.

I glare at him before standing back up.

"It's okay. Just you're so quiet."

I never expected him to be that quiet. I mean he was well over six three with shoulders wider than normal door ways. How the hell could he walk without sound?

"I was in the military." He states and I nod before he grabs my hand making static and a warm feeling run up my arm.

I jump again not used to the human contact like this. Also why was he holding my hand?

I look from my hand to him again he looked just as shocked as I felt.

"Right. Umm follow me."

Was he flustered? Was I making him flustered? He didn't let go of my hand as he drug me through the club and out to his bike.

"You ever been on one of these before?" He asks and I nod slowly.

"Alright sweetheart hop on." He says and I feel my heart flip at the nickname.

What was happening to me? I was acting like a teenage girl.

I slide on behind him. I knew I was supposed to hold onto him, but I don't think I could physically touch him without something heating up.

"Nyx you've got to hold on." He reminds me and when I don't make a move to get closer he hooks his hands under my knees dragging me into his back. Then he pulls my arms around him until I pressed up close to him.

I was going to scoot back when his bike lurched forward making me clutch tighter to him. It had been awhile since I've actually been on the back of one of these things.

Holy hell was Jax ripped. It took everything in me not to run my hands over the rest of him just see if he was this muscled everywhere.

Get it together Nyx! You're just staying at his place till he gets what he needs then you're gone.