9: Runaway ×2

I'm sorry for the wait. Been busy so this was a little rushed. Hope you like it.
-xo
---------------------------------------------------------

"Stay here." The still nameless President orders and I can't help the glare I give him.

Looking around I wanted to scream. I ran from my father to get away from being held hostage. This was not what I wanted nor needed right now.

"I'm not a threat." I say as I sink down onto the floor of the bare room.

At least this one had a window. I could just break it and run if I wanted.

"You're still the daughter of the enemies." He reminds me leaning against the door frame that he's blocking.

"Yeah whatever, save it." I mutter leaning my head against the grey wall behind me.

"You're a piece of work." He mutters and I let out a slight laugh.

"What's your name?" I ask leaning forward.

"Why do you want to know? You going to go tell your daddy?"

"Sure. I'll be sure I mention it when he sticks a knife in my throat. I just want to know who I'm dealing with."

His eyes drag over me before he looks at the wall above my head.

"You seriously have no idea who I am?" He asks. "Every red bastard knows my name."

"Like I said, I'm not a red bastard. So who are you? All I know is that you're the president."

"My name's Jax." He finally says before leaving the room.

I let my forehead hit my knees when I hear the door lock. How do I always end up this way?

I sat there for a few more minutes looking around the room seeing nothing I roll my eyes getting up.

Fuck it. I'm leaving. They shouldn't give a desperate woman a room with a window.

Tapping the glass I smile. Old windows break easy. Taking my already messed up shirt off the rest of the way I wrap it around the arm before slamming it through the glass.

I predict that I have around two minutes or so from the sound to run before someone comes to check up on me.

Clearing the glass out and putting my shirt over it I jump out the room and sprint.

"Hey! Stop her!" Someone yells as I run by them to the open gates.

I push my body harder. This was stupid. So stupid. Continuing to sprint I manage to avoid the hands grabbing at me as I hit the street.

How the hell as I going to lose them? I'm on foot for gosh sake!

"Stop! For the love of fuckin God just stop!" Someone yells panting behind me.

I don't in fact stop cause that's too easy. And if that guy collapses then it happens. I hurdle a yard fence seeing a dog. Alright. Okay Nyx just keep going.

"Really? Please!" The same person yells as I start climbing the back fence.

"Fuck off!" I call over my shoulder before losing them.

Running into a department store I look at a clock since it was starting to get dark. Shit.

"Where am I?" I ask panting as I lean on the counter in front of an older lady.

"Mike's Department store." She says giving me a look of discuss.

"I know that. What street?"

"Fifth."

"Great." I sigh before looking down and feeling my face flush.

That explains the look.

"Do you have any shirts I can barrow?"

She pulls a box from under the counter.

"Here are returns." She mutters.

And I grab a blue shirt before pulling it over my head.

"Thanks. I don't have any money on me though." I tell her and she shrugs.

"Take it. I hate this place anyways. Go."

Smiling at her I run out again before heading down a few streets and to work. I was going to be late and I couldn't loose my spot.

I shower and get dressed and have time to check myself in the mirror before my shift starts. The night went on like usual, a little slow until three angry looking men walked in.

Ducking behind the bar counter I get a look from my coworker as I hide.

"What are you doing?" She hisses.

"Hiding. Don't make a scene and don't let those guys see me." She rolls her eyes before going back to work.

I spent all night under there and when I thought I was clear I got up and slammed right back down since there was Jax. Staring straight at me with a smirk on.

"Hi." He says as I slowly stand back up.

His eyes drop to my tits and I uncross my arms that I didn't realise I had been doing.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hoped you enjoyed babes.