Faeries With A Touch Of Evil

“Get. Out. Now.”

Through the phone, Rita sounded even harsher. 

“Come on,” Oz sounded too optimistic, even to himself. “Franco goes down, I get to keep Naughty Twin in bed, next time.”

“Captain said yes?” 

“He'll take it upstairs. Staying put,” was the order.

“I'm not sure he knows everything,” Rita was one hundred percent correct. Oz closed the call, inventing an excuse.

“Fighting with your girl?” Viorel welcomed him to their hangout place, his and Stan's game of backgammon ongoing. “Saw you trying to convince her,” he showed the window that had made Oz visible to him during his call to Rita.

“Already?!” Stan overacted, then laughed to Viorel, “Ți-am zis, îs ca...”

Oz couldn't speak Romanian, but he understood that he likened the twins to some word he didn't know. “Yele?”

Iele,” Viorel was impressed, “You know, Romanian faeries. Driving men crazy through the woods.”

“Fairies, with a touch of evil,” Stan helped him.

“Faeries already had a touch of evil,” Oz said. He had been born in Riverside, his father not having the time nor the interest to immerse him in his culture. Both guards laughed, going back to their game.

The twins were going to the movies that night, renting an entire theater only for them. Oz had a feeling they would've been fine surrounded by other people. It was Franco who let them go to the cinema only if alone in the room, maybe with two or three female friends. Zero risks, he calculated.

Oz had an unread message from the twins' personal account, not the one they used to boss him around. Since it only contained an image, he was afraid to open it, having been sent in the morning. Later.