xxx. hell is empty; its devils are amongst us

THIRTY.
hell is empty; its devils are amongst us!
。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Zoya's heart pounds faster than the rhythm of her footsteps as they careen through the halls, making their way towards cell two-two-one. Every breath that falls from her lips is harried, and her chest heaves, trying to pull some oxygen into her lungs for more than a split second before its ripped away again.

            Din notices her struggle and reaches out to touch her elbow as they bring up the back of the group, worry sparking in his eyes beneath the helmet.

            "I'm not made for running," she wheezes.

            Before he can answer, they turn a corner and skid to an abrupt halt at the sight of a massive black hover security droid sliding through the passageway in front of them. Burg doesn't hesitate; with a roar, he barrels straight into the droid, heaving it up into the air and slamming it back onto the ground with brute force. After smashing his fists into it, the Devaronian hurtles the fallen droid through the air, sending it careening into another that's appeared at the end of the hall. An explosion of fire brightens the room like a star exploding. Thick black smoke curls against the ceiling, clinging to the panels like leeches.

            Squinting against the light, Zoya says, "You couldn't have done that before?"

            He merely grunts, tilting his head from side to side to crack his thick neck. As the others begin to move forward, Din lets out a quiet laugh.

            "I guess that means no."

            "I feel like you're the only one that listens to me," she replies as they follow, throwing a glance over her shoulder.

            Din shakes his head. "I'm the only one that wants to put up with you."

            "Careful," she warns. "You don't want to get into this right now."

            "Maybe I do."

            He checks their six quickly, jogging backwards as Mayfeld leads them around the final corner, coming to a stop in front of what must be the cell door their target resides behind, inserting something into the control panel.

            "Z, open it up," he says into the comm.

            "You have fifteen minutes remaining."

            "Open it up!" Mayfeld snaps.

            The lock spins immediately, and Din and Zoya step forward together as the circular white door slides upwards, curiosity singing along their skin, interested to see what it reveals. The prisoner is sat upon a bench at the back of the small cell, and Zoya's eyes widen as it registers that the inmate is a Twi'lek, the same lavender hue as Xi'an.