4.6, orphaned

season 4, chapter 6 : orphaned

* * *

"Oh, you're looking for a punch to the face

"Oh, you're looking for a punch to the face."

* * *

I stand in the animal clinic, desperately trying to keep Brett pinned down with the help of Stiles and Derek. He's currently squirming around of the cold metal table, Deaton hovering over him with a sharp scalpel dripped in his hands.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles frantically asks.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane." Derek tells us. "I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible."

"Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" Stiles says.

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength." Derek fires back.

"If you cant hold him still, the incision might kill him." Derek sternly says.

"You don't think we're trying?" I exclaim.

Brett's eyes turn gold, shoving all four of us. I land on top of Stiles, the two of us groaning from the impact.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asks.

I just nod as Stiles stands up, helping me up as well. His hand stays on my lower back as we watch Brett jump off the metal table just for him to be punched in the face by Peter, falling to the ground unconscious.

Peter looks at Derek. "I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself."

"Yeah, maybe more than a little." Derek replies, looking down at his cut that hasn't healed.

I drop down beside Brett. "Doc, I don't think he's breathing."

Deaton crouches down beside me, cutting an incision in Brett's chest. I grimace at the sight, leaning into Stiles' body slightly. Brett gasps for air, yellow mist escaping the cut.

"Is he going to be okay?" I question.

"I think so." Deaton answers. "He'll probably be our for awhile though."

Stiles leans forwards slightly. "Guys, I think he's saying something."

"The sun.. The moon.. The truth." Brett breathes out.

"Three things cannot long be hidden." Deaton begins. "The sun, the moon, and the truth. It's Buddhist."

Holding the printed paper in his hands, Parrish leans against his desk and looks up at Stiles, Lydia, and I.

"This is a hit list?" Parrish asks.