Butterflies

Callie's POV:
"Good morning hornets, remember to bring your money to buy your tickets for the dance . They will be sold everyday this week during lunch a & b. They will be fifteen dollars each. Hope to see you there having a fantastic Monday"  the loud speaker was heard through the classroom.

Once the announcement finished everyone turned to each other and started talking. Spring formal is our first dance every year and it's pretty fun. I had no idea who I would go with but it would probably be like every other year and I'd go with my friend group.

"Omg Im so exited let's buy our tickets tomorrow yea?" Jess turned around with her face lit up.

She unlike me was a wild partier. The two bracelets and your out rule didn't apply to her. Our school gave us two wristbands to begin with and if you danced "inappropriately" you got your wristband cut off.

That's what made these dances exciting for the upperclassmen. The large grind circles gave the teachers a clear indication of what was going on. Half way through the dance they would give up and let the kids do whatever.

"Yea I'll talk to kairi and the rest of the boys to see when they are buying theirs" I responded back to her. I looked at the math worksheet Mr.Jackson had handed out and all I could think about was the dance. Kairi hadn't come to class today and there was no one else that could help me with pre-calc.

I sighed as I looked at the sheet then back around the classroom. Most kids were still talking about the dance and what they were going to wear.

After class ended we headed to lunch. I looked around the long rectangular tables till i spotted the girls. As I headed over to them a tad figure approached me. I lifted my head from my phone to see who it was. Mattia.

"Hey I have something important to show you after school.i have soccer but I'll text you when I'm done" he talked fast like her was nervous.

"I um- well I'm the athletic trainer since coached asked me to so I guess I'll just see you at practice" I decided to take up on coaches offer after all because I had nothing to do after school now.

"Oh okay I'll see you then" he looked at me once more before walking away. I kept my eyes on him to see where he'd go, only to see him walking over to the other soccer boys.

Once I realized I was standing in the middle of the lunch room I quickly headed over towards our table. The girls all looked at me like I had something on my face. I quickly pulled my phone out just to make sure I didn't.

"What was the about?" She asked. Confusion wandered on my face till I realized what she meant.

"What mattia?" I questioned her. She nodded her head in response. All the girls looked at me waiting for an explanation. The looked like little school girls as they giggled when I said his name.

"He just told me he had something to show me after school and I-"

"Yea his dick" Giana quickly cut me off. Embarrassment crept up on my face which soon became obvious when my once pale skin was now red.

"what no, you're dumb I think it's something for school but I'm the new athletic trainer so he'll just tell me during practice or whatever" I explained to the once again giggling girls.

They continued to ask my about Mattia but I ignored them as I ate my lunch. The lunchroom unlike other days was loud. Must be all the dance talk still. I looked at my phone often hoping time would pass faster because I wanted to know what Mattia wanted to show me.

Mattia's POV:
After I heard about the dance I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I was going to try and get closer with cal. I wanted to ask her to the dance before anyone else.