Not on speaking terms

Callie's POV
The rest of the school week was full of homework and drama. Kairi was no longer talking to me. The boys tried not to side with either one of us but ya know how that goes. To top it all off the teachers thought it was a great week to assign test and lots of homework.

The week everyone had looked forward to was now a nightmare. I came home everyday after helping at soccer practice to study and do homework. My mom was luckily home all this week. She helped work through some of my math and science work.

During practice I was often assigned to pass balls to the players or hand them their uniforms for game days. This was becoming hard because Kairi wouldn't look at me not talk to me. After he found out I was going to the dance with Mattia he started acting like this.

The dozens of texts I sent him, he opened but never replied. After the third day I stopped trying but I didn't want it to be like this. The boys told me he would talk about me but said he wasn't ready to talk to me. They told me to give him time.

I don't know why he needs time nor why he was acting like this. I was left in the dark and the least he could do was give me some sort of explanation. That's the thing with Kai, he's stubborn and when he's mad it doesn't last a few hours- it last days or even weeks. I just hoped he'd get over this soon.

During pre-calc I often found him looking at me and I'd smile back in hopes that he'd say something. Nothing. I knew he didn't really like Mattia, mainly because of how he treated be at the beginning. I told him he had changed but he didn't see it.

On Wednesday my mom took Jess and I to the mall. I had been looking online for dress ideas and had a few in mind. I was going to do something short because long ones were for prom. As for a color I wasn't too sure, I was indecisive like always.

Once we got to the mall we quickly headed into a store called Gipper Prom it had dresses for every occasion. Jess eyes got wide as soon as we walked in. Rows on rows or dresses filled out sight. This was going to make my decision making even harder.

The catch to this store was that you had to have an appointment seconds after we walked in an associate approached us. After telling her our names she took us to the back. There were dressing rooms with big mirrors and bright lights. This store was so extra it even had a runway.

The consultant asked us what we were looking for so she had a better idea of what to bring. She then measured us to get the sizing right as well. The blonde and her left us in the back as they said they were going to go pick some out for us to try. Perla and I continuedto look at the store in awe while we waited for them to come back.

After a good hour of trying on dresses and debating we found our dresses. My mom was being picky like she was the one that was going to wear it. I let her help me pick because I was trying to bond with her as much as I could because I didn't know when we would get to do this again.

After choosing my dress I quickly sent Mattia a picture of the color of my dress. We had talked about him getting a match tie or bow to match my dress. Although choosing a dress was stressful I  was happy I found one. He replied shortly after saying he wanted me to go with him to buy the tie. I quickly texted him saying we could later and went to pay.

After getting our dresses we put them in the car and went back in the mall to find jewelry and heels. I wasn't very tall and compared to Mattia I was even smaller. I needed some heels that were comfortable but also made me taller. At Steve Madden I found some I loved and bought them.

When we were done we headed to the food court and ate. All the shopping made me tired and hangry. We made small talk about my moms job and plans for Saturday. The boys weren't too clear with the plans but they made me make the plans per usual.