Who Is She?

Ashlyn's POV
"Ashlyn, if you don't leave now, you'll be late!" My mom yells from downstairs. I sprint down the stairs, and hop onto my motorcycle. As I park in the school's parking lot, everyone stops what they're doing, and turns their attention to me. I hop of the bike to see my two best friends standing behind me. Tobin Heath and Hope Solo. We're known as the most badass girls in school, and I'd like to say that almost everyone has a crush on at least one of us. We've made soccer a well known sport Satellite High, and are one of the best teams in all of Florida. Tobin, Hope, and I walk to our lockers and get our stuff for class. We may be hot and ripped, but we're not the type to normally skip school. After a few classes (and a lot of cheerleaders trying to flirt with me), it's time for lunch. We get our food, and sit at a table with the rest of the soccer team. The whole team is like family. We're all super close and never argue. After an afternoon full of classes (and more flirting cheerleaders), it's finally time for soccer practice. After we all change into our gear, we start our drills. I head over to the other goalies, and our coach starts firing balls at us. Practice ends quickly and we go change in the locker room. I remember I left my water bottle on the field, so I go to get it. When I step outside, I see a girl firing shots at the goal. I've never seen her before. She's not on the team. She should be. She's making every shot, even though there's no goalie, but she's coming in on hard to reach angles. As I get closer to the girl, she turns around.
Ali's POV
I turn around to get my bags, and go home, but I see a blonde girl coming my way. Ashlyn Harris. I know she's on the soccer team, but she doesn't look like she's about to threaten me. "What are you doing out here all alone?" She asks me. "I don't have many friends, and I don't have good history with he soccer team. They've probably mentioned me. I'm Ali." "Ali Krieger? The girl everyone always says to stay away from because she betrayed the team?" I nod. "I never betrayed them. I just wish they let me explain things. Life is so rough all because of this." "Ali, what actually happened? They never told me what they thought happened. I know I've only known you for a few minutes, but I trust you to tell me the truth. I think it's time you make some more friends. I'd really like to get to know you better." I sigh. I guess I can tell her. "Okay, so when I was a freshman, I was on the team. Since you came when you were sophomore, you wouldn't remember me. I was their best defender. On the team, there was a senior. Her name was Mia. We dated for a little while, until we had to end things. One day, she came over after practice, and what I didn't know, was that my mom came home from work early. She caught us making out on the couch, and kicked me out of the house for good. She said she'd rather see me murder someone than see me kissing a girl. When my brother tried to talk some sense into her, she kicked him out also. Mia broke up with me, and apparently told the team I cheated on her because she was so mad at me, even though I had nothing to do with what happened. The team said I betrayed them, and refused to talk to me, so I quit. Mia was the most popular girl in the entire school, so rumors spread and I lost all of my friends." I see a few tears in Ashlyn's eyes when I finish talking. I realize I basically just told my whole life story to a stranger. "I should go." As I get up to leave, I feel Ashlyn try to stop me. "Ali, that's all in the past now. I'm sorry that all happened. I'm sorry your mom kicked you out. Where do you live now if you don't live with your parents?" "I live in an apartment with my brother Kyle. I actually kinda like it, except for the fact that every week, he brings a new boyfriend home." Ashlyn giggles. "Ali, do you wanna hangout sometime? I really think we could be friends. I just want anyone to find out yet." I think about the question. "Do you want to come to my apartment now. I think we should talk more, without the risk of getting caught. Are you free now?" She nods. "I think Kyle left already. Do you mind giving me a ride?" I ask. She just pulls me to my feet, and we run over to her motorcycle. She tosses me a helmet. I put it on, get on the bike, and wrap my arms around her waist. I give her directions, and eventually we arrive at the apartment building. We go inside and take the elevator to the sixth floor. We run straight to my bedroom once we enter my apartment. "Ash?" I ask the girl as she sits down next to me on my bed. "Yeah?" "What's your family like?" I hear her quietly sigh. "Life at home isn't too easy. My brother Chris is definitely one of my best friends. My parents used to be drug addicts. We've never had a super close relationship. They don't do anything bad anymore, except never pay attention to me. Every few days when I come home after school, there's a guy in our living room. I've never met him, but my parents bring them to try to make me finally fall in love. And every time I try to tell them I'm gay, they don't listen. I want to find love on my own. I want to wait for the right person. " Ashlyn has her head in her hands by the end of the story. As soon as I open my mouth to say something, Kyle walks into the room causing Ashlyn to look up. "Hey Al, Ali's friend. I'm Kyle. Kyle J. Krieger," Kyle says, sticking his hand out for Ashlyn to shake. "I'm Ashlyn Harris," my friend responds, shaking my brothers hand. When Ashlyn leaves after an hour of talking, I plop down on the couch next to Kyle. I think the three of us are going to be pretty close.
Ash's POV
When I get home from Ali's, I see my parents talking to a boy around my age in the kitchen. "Oh Ashlyn," my mom says, once she notices me. "I want you to meet Tyler," she continues. "Mom, can I please talk to you. Alone." She gets up and follows me into the living room. "Mom, for the last time, I'm gay. I'm never gonna fall for some random guy you bring home for me. I think I already found someone." "Ashlyn Michelle Harris, I've told you a thousand times, no daughter of mine is gay. You will marry a man whether you like it or not. If you choose to be gay, you are no longer my daughter. You are no longer your father's daughter. You will leave this house and never come back." I'm taken back by this, but I go gather all of my things from my bedroom, and walk back downstairs with them. As I'm taking one last look around the house, I hear yelling from my 'mom'. I see Chris being shoved towards me. He tells me she kicked him out too, for trying to change her mind about me. He gets his stuff and we walk out to his car. I throw my bags in his trunk, and hop on my motorcycle. "Where are we going?" My older brother asks me. "My friend Ali's house. I'm sure she'll let us stay. It'll be fun. It's just her and her brother. Follow me. " "How long have you known this girl? I've never heard you mention and Ali before." "I just met her today. It's the Ali I told you my soccer team hates, but she's actually the sweetest. And Chris, I-I think I might be falling for her." He has a shocked expression when I look up at him.