Rosie x Reader

Reader's P.O.V

"You've got ten minutes left!"

"Alright, I'm almost done!", I yell as I dab white powder onto my face with a fluffy brush. Today is the big day. We've been practicing for this play for months. A rare, exclusive, one-of-a-kind stage musical about the Bubonic Plague with a comedic touch. This particular event was chosen because many people died during the plague, and more deaths mean more fun. Even still, the ending is quite tragic.

There's a huge budget put into the set and costume designs, and we even got sponsored by Lilith Magne! We also have an overlord as part of the main cast. Rosie, the owner of Franklin and Rosie's Emporium, the queen of musicals herself, is going to be playing a wealthy English lady whose family all dies of Black Plague.

I was chosen to play because of my phenomenal acting skills and singing voice. The first role I play is the queen in a small comedic skit at the beginning, and then, my main role is a peasant named William who falls in love with the lady from earlier. At the end of the play, the peasant and the lady exchange a kiss. During practice, Rosie and I never actually went through with that bit. It's my fault since I'm too nervous to actually kiss her. It became a sort of an inside joke among the group. 

"Alright, team, we really need to work harder on the acting. You're not passionate enough. Either shape up or kiss your dream of being part of the cast goodbye", our director would say. "Except you, (Y.N), we all know you're not very good at kissing things." Then everyone laughs at me.

I sigh as I adjust my headpiece. Well, can't back out of it this time. I'll just have to stop being a little bitch. I get up, admiring my reflection in the mirror. The dress is very large and overly-decadent, and the makeup makes me look like an uncooked ball of dough. This is done on purpose, of course. Adds to the humor. The horned headdress I am wearing does a good job of hiding my actual horns, and the pasty makeup covers my blue skin. From afar, I look like an actual human.

The outfit isn't the most period-accurate, but historical accuracy isn't the main concern of anyone. This is especially obvious in the script. Originally, we wanted to speak entirely in Middle English, but then we realized barely anyone would actually understand that, seeing as it is nearly unintelligible to anybody born after the sixteenth century. So instead, we just replaced a few words with their archaic counterparts and hope nobody would notice.

While fixing up my look, I hum a bit of some show tune I'd had stuck in my head for a while. I add some blush to my cheeks before moving on to the eyes.

Someone enters the dressing room. I don't mind them, being too focused on fixing my eyeliner.

"(Y.N)?"

"Yeah?", I call absentmindedly.

Suddenly, I freeze. "Rosie?" I turn, and our eyes meet. We're silent for several seconds. She's wearing her red kirtle and robes but hasn't put on her jewelry, makeup or headdress, as it isn't her turn on the stage yet. Still, she looks utterly gorgeous. I'm so busy staring that I'm taken aback when she bursts out laughing.

"Oh dear, you look ridiculous!", she says gleefully. I grin and strike a dramatic pose. "Ya like it?" She laughs even harder, clutching her sides. She wipes a tear. "Oh my, s-sorry, oh, that is quite funny, heh... anyway, I came to tell you that you need to get on the stage in a minute. Do you want me to help with your liner?" Without waiting for a response, she takes it from my hand and gently holds my face as she fixes my makeup.

"Are you nervous?", she asks. I shrug. "A little, I guess."

"Don't be", she says. "You're brilliant at acting. You'll do just fine." Her expression changes a little. She lowers her voice. "So, what do you plan on doing for that kiss scene?"