Charlie x [Human][Male] Reader (Part 2)

Charlie's P.O.V

"Fascinating, utterly fascinating!"

Heather circles me, staring intently like a hawk, scribbling away on her notepad. "I've always tried to summon a demon, but it never worked. I'm pissed my brother got to see one before I did."

"Really? Which one?", I ask.

"Paimon, mostly. I want a bit of that infinite wisdom he's got. He never picks up when I call though, if you get what I'm saying."

I nod. "Paimon's always been picky about who he chose to help. Don't take it personally, though! He's kind of just a diva."

It's my second week here on Earth, and the first time I'm meeting Heather. Even though (Y.N) said his sister doesn't skip her studies to visit him, she rushed over to his house as soon as she heard he was keeping a real life demon there.

She brought her girlfriend here too, since she also liked studying demonology and necromancy, although she's certainly nowhere near as fascinated with such subjects as Heather is.

No, nobody can compare to Heather and her morbid curiosity.

She pouts. "Aw, what? I'm his biggest fan! What the hell? Are you hearing this, Polly?"

Apollonia pats her shoulder. "Don't feel bad about it, babe. You heard Charlie. He probably has a good reason for being so selective."

"He does", I say. "He's only willing to get summoned by cute guys."

"Huh?"

I shrug. "Paimon's just really thirsty."

Heather and Apollonia exchange glances, then turn back to me. "Oh."

They both look like they want to say something when (Y.N) walks into the living room.

"Hey girls! You having fun?"

"Certainly!", Heather chirps, picking up her notepad. "There's so much new information I've collected about Hell and demons! From what I'm getting, it sounds like a wonderful place! Now I'm not dreading dying so much anymore if it means I'll be permanently transported to a large-scale version of Las Vegas!"

I shake my head slightly. "Well, it's not exactly all sunshine and rainbows. Hell's a dangerous place. It's like living in a nightmare. Just... endless torment and suffering. You can't ever escape it. Not unless you die."

Heather shrugs. "Sounds about right. I mean, living is basically that already. What's a few more millennia of existential pain, really? Plus, I really want to stick it to that motherfucker Paimon. You just wait, I'll show him! I'll beat his ass!"

Apollonia sighs. "Babe, he's a powerful demon king. He'll kick you to the dirt."

"Yeah, but man, will it be worth it!"

(Y.N) chuckles, settling down on the sofa next to me. I swallow, blushing profusely. He's oblivious, even wrapping an arm around my shoulders absentmindedly.

"Personally, Hell doesn't sound that appealing. Weed is cool and all, but is it really worth all the trouble? Also, Charlie won't be there. I wouldn't want to spend eternity without her."

I nearly choke on air, staring at him. Did... did he really just say that about me? My heart quickens. It can't be... does he really feel that way-

"After all, she is my new best friend."

I can practically hear glass shatter. It must be my heart.

I giggle, trying to hide my devastation. "Ahaha! R-really? Thanks, (Y.N)! I was just thinking... the same thing! Haha!"