Chapter 1.3 - ALL ALONE

I've never truly known the true meaning behind the word hard, all those times I said it out loud for something so minuscule and easy to do makes me want to turn back and do that instead.

Getting up everyday willing yourself to serve others no matter what type of job position it is, can be tiring.

Though what makes it hard, is the people who don't care about the work, the time and effort you put into it, what makes it hard, is trying to satisfy everyone for all their small stupid needs knowing that sometimes that just can't be done.

But what truly makes it hard, so hard that I just can't wait to go off to my room and cry a river of tears from the stress, the fatigue, the constant running around and pestering is the people who used to look at me as one of them as someone else not worthy.

Purposely coming after me as their enjoyment, yet with the other servers everything is just fine. I'm just getting that royal treatment of being a disgrace, it was so bad I was even told not even the humans want me around.

I'm just someone cast aside, a second string waiting to just drift away to be gone and forgotten.

I had friends, but when I think about it not the best of friends, they were friends who just allowed me to be there.

They belittled me and took advantage and it hurt a lot, but I was okay with it because I had a friend, someone to talk to and 'hang out' with given my wolf stature.

Now that my wolf is gone, where are they? Apart of those who make my life a living hell.

They have me wishing I never even allowed myself to even communicate with them in the first place because now I'm just embarrassed.

They show me everyday how much I played myself as the fool, to think that I mattered to them, was cared by them, will be backed up by them, truly pathetic on my end. 

"I'm guessing you've been having a tough week?" asked a voice from behind me, startling me from my thoughts.

It was a boy, maybe a few years older than I was with wild shaggy black hair, brown eyes that barely showed a care in the world. He has no idea how tough this first week of serving for me has been.

"Yes" I was my response, he just scoffed at that and sat next to me at the small table we had in the far corner of the room in the worker 'mess hall' if you will, guess you can think of it as the break room I've heard humans have at some jobs.

All the servers pretty much left, cleaning done and they had a whole list of other things to do before they could truly start the day the way they wanted to.

I on the other hand don't strive to hurry and finish, what's the point? Not much waiting for me besides my work now anyways. "Way to hold a conversation" he rebutted, leaning back into his chair letting out a sigh of gratitude, my guess from finally being able to sit after the crazy morning we just had.

"Not much of a talker, are you?" he asked me.

"Not much for me to say," he let out a small chuckle at that response, giving me a full glance before contemplating something in his head.

"I'm young, that I know, but aren't you too young to be serving here? I thought they really didn't allow it, those under the age of eighteen." He is right about that, humans may allow kids at the age of sixteen to start working in their world but mostly in the supernatural it's eighteen, for stature reasons with training and all that comes with being a supernatural creature.

"You're just full of questions" was my vague response to that, no need to answer that question of his considering it's not his business.

"You can say I'm intrigued," he shrugged, lifting his shoulders in movement. "I've seen you about, you just started right? And you're always quiet and to yourself in the back of the room to never be noticed."