Happiness

After a while of laying around and doing nothing Lynn and I decided to go get some food. We choose Taco Bell so we got in her car and the fifteen-minute drive to the heaven of tacos.

    "NO MORE COUNTING DOLLARS WE'LL BE COUNTING STARS." Lynn and I sing at the top of our voices to the  One Republic song.

      "BABY I LOSING SLEEP DREAMING 'BOUT THE THING THAT WE COULD BE."

       Three songs and our crappy high pitched singing later we reach Taco Bell. "May I have the............" Lynn order so much I couldn't keep up.

     "What you feedin' a church or somethin'," I asked hearing the total.
     "Yes that's it thank you......you are going through a depressing time and food fixes everything"

      "Well you're not wrong," said to her getting enthusiastic about all the food. We drove to the next window and they gave us some of the stuff we order and told us to wait in the parking lot, they're coming with our tacos.

      "I've only seen this in youtube videos," I said turning to look at Lynn "Well your livin' the dream and lovin' it" was her reply. All I could do was shake my head in humor. 

     We waited a few minutes until the tacos came in that time walked about random things.

    "Oh my God, I totally forgot to show you!" Lynn said while pulling out of the parking lot.

      "What do you want to show me?" I asked intrigued.

       "Get your phone and go on Tik Tok" just as I was going to reach in my pocket for my phone I remembered I left it in the Jeep.

      "Crap I left it in my jeep," I said sheepishly.

      "Seriously, Jade it's fine here use my phone," she said while pointing at her phone sitting in the middle console.

     "Thanks. Okay, I'm in Tik Tok" I said when the app finished loading.

     "Okay go in my account.... remember the video we did in study hall"

     "Yeah what about it," I said recalling the video with me and her dancing to 'Laffy Taffy' with Jack's in the background being awkward.

     "It got a four-point five mill likes!" She practically screamed at me.

     "What the hell really! Oh my gosh"I gushed out excitedly searching for the video.

     After gushing about how 'famous' we are continually driving home.

     When we reached the Smith residence we got out of the car and started walking towards the front door when I remembered my phone.

     "Hey Lynn go ahead I'm gonna grab my phone ok" "k" she uninterestingly replied.

      I ran down to my jeep and fished the keys out of my handbag. I opened the vehicle to get a whiff of a new car smell. Pulling my phone off the aux cord I ran back to the house.

      When I got inside I saw 5 missed calls and 65 unread messages.

      Mom💖 - where are you? Are you okay?~ 5:58

     Mom💖- Are you at Oaklynn's?~6:00

     Mom💖- Why is your brother crying??-6:01

     Many more messages such as those were coming in. I didn't bother to read the rest instead I just called my mom.

     After one ring she picked up "Honey are you okay where are you"

      "I'm an okay mom I'm at Oaklynn's sorry I didn't call or anything"

    "It's okay Honey next time just tell me beforehand okay"

    "Okay, I promise. Can I stay the night mom?"

     "Sure as long as Nicky is okay with it"

     "Yes! Thanks, mom."

      "Okay honey bye be good love."

       "I will love you bye."

     I ran into the living room and catapulted myself onto Lynn who was lying on the couch.

     "I'M STAYING THE NIGHT" I exclaimed

     "YASSSSS ITS GONNA BE LIT."

      Chapter two hope you enjoyed ~ J.S