5: Competition I see

At eight o'clock that morning, Diana woke up and got ready for the big day. Diana shook with anxiousness as she walked to meet Akko out at the front of the academy. She walked out the doors and was startled by Akko.

"Goodmorning!" Akko practically jumped out at her.

"Gah!" Diana sprung back in surprise. Akko caught her off guard. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Akko giggled. "It's okay, I just didn't expect to be greeted like that," Diana explained. "Oh, okay. I'm so happy I get to spend time with at least one of my friends before I go back home for summer vacation." Akko said. "Yeah. . . Me too. . ." Diana and Akko exited the portal and boarded a bus into town.

"I'm so happy we get to hang out, Diana," Akko said. "Yeah, me too," Diana replied. Akko and Diana walked around the town and shopped around and chatted.

Diana and Akko were shopping in a small boutique. Akko had spotted a piece of clothing she wanted and checked the price.

$14.99

"Aww." Akko exclaimed.
" What is it Akko?" Diana asked. " This skirt is so cute but I don't have enough money. I spent the rest on that sweater I bought at the store we were just at." Akko explained. Diana checked the price tag. " I can buy it for you." Akko turned in surprise. " Really?". " Uh, yeah." Diana blushed slightly. " Oh my gosh! Thank you!" Akko was grateful that Diana was nice enough to buy her the skirt she liked. She hugged Diana tightly and Diana blushed harder. " Okay, " Diana pushed Akko away so she could breathe. "I'll go pay for that skirt." Diana took the skirt Akko handed her and went to the front to pay for it.

After a long morning of shopping, Akko and Diana stopped to take a rest on a small bench on the sidewalk. The sun beat down on the two of them with its warmth. Diana closed her eyes and thought
I could doze off in this warm sunlight.

" Well. Look who it is. I'm surprised to see you two hanging out." The girls turned behind them to see the one and only Andrew Hanbridge. "Andrew!" Akko jumped up and hugged Andrew by the neck. Diana stared at Andrew with jealousy. "What are you two doing hanging out in town? As I said, I'm surprised to see you two together." Andrew asked. "Well. I was as surprised as you are when Diana texted me and asked to hang out today." Akko answered. " Wow, Diana. That's unlike you." Andrew said to Diana. Diana kept staring at Andrew. She turned away and crossed her arms and said " Well. People can change Andrew, did you ever think of that?" " Well. You're right. But this change is unexpected. I'd never see you hanging out with Akko." Andrew said. " So? When people change, it's most unexpected." Diana explained. She looked away and blushed.

He's right. This change IS unexpected! I never thought I'd like Akko. Especially not fall in love with her.

" Well. I was actually looking for you girls. I wanted to invite you to my family's summer party at the beginning of June. Would you girls be able to come?" Andrew handed Akko and Diana the invitations.
" Well, I don't know if my parents will let me go. If you could come to get me from my home in Tokyo."
( I'm just saying Tokyo because nothing about Akko tells of where she lives other than Luna Nova.)

" I don't think that will be a problem, " Andrew said. " But because Tokyo is 5 hours away, I'll have to get you the day before. Is that alright." " Yes but I have to ask my parents if I'm allowed, But I don't think they'll say no." Akko explained. " That's great. What about you Diana?" Andrew said. " I'm sure because the party is at your home, I'm sure my aunt will let me." Diana answered. "Okay, well I need to head home. See you girls." Andrew waved goodbye.

"Bye Andrew!" Akko waved.

~~~~~

Diana changed into her night clothes and climbed into bed.

Andrew seemed very happy to see Akko. The fact that he almost never took his eyes off her and there seemed to be a bulge slowly growing in his pants.

Diana made a disgusted expression.

Looks as if there's Competition in my way. . .