Chapter Eight

Shift ends, a few hours later and they begin driving to Fairmount.
"Who's this Jamie?" Brett asked.
"Her eight year old brother that died. It's his sixteenth birthday today." Kelly said.
"Did Gregory do this to him?" Brett asked.
"Yeah and her mother." Kelly said.
"How old was she?" Brett asked.
"16 now can you quit it?" Kelly asked.
"Yeah." Brett said.
They remain quiet for the rest of the car ride until they stopped to get flowers for the graves.
"What are the right flowers to get a boy?" Kelly asked.
"I have an idea." Brett said. Brett walks away leaving Kelly looking at the flowers confused.
A few minutes later Brett comes back with a toy firetruck. They pick out flowers and get to the cemetery. They find James's grave along with her mom's.
"My name is Kelly Severide, I work with your sister in Chicago. She's very sorry that she couldn't make it today so I came in her place along with our friend Sylvie Brett. Alex and I are both firefighters at Firehouse 51. She told me about you. How much she loves you and how much you guys would play after school. She misses you a lot. I wish that I met you but you were taken from us way too early. Happy 16th birthday James." Kelly said.
"My name is Sylvie Brett and I work with your daughter in Chicago. She always looks at this one picture of the two of you and you were so beautiful. Morgan looks so much like you. She has your everything. You guys could totally go for sisters. You sure got a good one. She always cares for other people over herself. She also has a crazy personality." Brett said.
They begin the long car ride back to Chicago.
*Author's Note*
I'm sorry for a short chapter but I'll try to make the next one longer.