Candy 9

Nichika stared at her sister, then smiled. Hinaki simply stepped back, then turned to the room. She sighed, "now... where is that file? As I remembered, the mistress' file should be in rank Pillar, alphabet K."

Tomioka's heart intensified. Of all the people they'd search for, they look for Kanae Kocho's. Tomioka bit his lower lip, and stood still in his hiding spot. The twins scanned their eyes and peered through the dark room, looking for the shelf they were finding for. Their footsteps grew louder and louder as they walked closer and closer to Tomioka's concealment. "Make haste, Nichika." Said Hinaki, speeding up, "the oyakata-sama is waiting for us."

The girls sped their steps, and passed Tomioka —
"Who's there?!" Nichika glanced over her shoulder to nothing but files. She sweated as she stood frozen. Even Hinaki's heart skipped a beat when Nichika alarmed her. The two girls pattered to the shelf to double-check, but there were no signs of any intruders anywhere. Hinaki sighed in relief, then turned to her sister. "Nichika, don't startle me like that..."

"B-But I saw something!" She whined, "i'm sure of it! T-There was a shadow o-of a person!"

Hinaki patted Nichika's shoulder, "you must be seeing things. I noticed that you were tired yesterday. I can ask the oyakata-sama's permission to let you rest. But now, we have to find the file."

Nichika stood in silence, lowering her head. She then nodded, "o-okay..."

Hinaki smiled, then took her sister's hand and continued for the search, not realizing that there was Tomioka above them; on top of the shelf, peeping from above. The sisters were not the only one who was startled for Tomioka admitted to himself that he could almost faint just now. If he were to miss a split 0.5 seconds, he would've been caught. Tomioka watched the girls making their way to the shelf, guiding him to what he was finding for.
Rank: Pillar
First alphabet of their name: K
The shelf was at the deepest point of the room, located in the deepest section. The girls traced their fingers on the file, scanning for the one which they were finding for. And after a while, Nichika founded it.

"Got it." She said, grinning, "miss Kanao Tsuyuri's file."

"Kanao?" Tomioka said in his head.

Hinaki smiled. "Good job, sister. Finally we found it. Now let's go back to the oyakata-sama, and don't forget his brush and the ink."

"The greatnesses sure has a good memory." Nichika said, "if it was me, I wouldn't remember that I've forgotten to write miss Kanao's birthday date."

"Wait until miss Kanao finds out that she got promoted as a Pillar now." Hinaki giggled, "I can't wait to see her reaction."

The girls happily pattered back to the exit, then shut the door. Tomioka silently came out of his concealment and softly landed on his toes. "Kanae, Kanao..." he scratched the back of his head. "Tch. Stupid. Why do they have to be similar...."
Once he hears nothing but silence, he started to rummage through the files in haste. There were lots if Ex-Pillars, and the reason of why they quit was probably either they were dead, or too old to continue their career.
Kᴀɪʀᴏ, Kᴀɪᴛᴏ, Kᴜʀᴀᴍɪ, Kᴜʀᴏ, Kɪʀᴇ, Kᴀᴋᴀsʜɪ, Kɪʀᴇɴᴀ, Kᴀᴇsʜɪ....
"Kanae!" Tomioka exclaimed with a small, almost unnoticeable smile. He immediately took the file and opened it right on the spot.

····················