Candy 13

Tanjirou's crow flew inside from a window, then it plopped on Tanjirou's head. The room fell silent to hear what it had to say. The crow spoke sharply, "all Demon Slayers, whether you're high ranked or not... hurry to the Headquarter this instant!"

Sabito flinched, "the Headquarter?"

"Kibutsuji Muzan just attacked the Headquarter!"

At that point, you and your friends stood aghast, flabbergasted. Tanjirou gritted his teeth as his mood swayed, and anger took over. He looked at his sister, Nezuko, and patted her head gently. "Nezuko. You stay here." He spoke, "I'll be going out for a while." Tanjirou rested his hand on his katana which was tied to his hip, he averted his eyes at you and scanned to the ghost children. With a kind smile, Tanjirou asked, "this may be too much, but can you please take care of Nezuko for me until I get back?"

You furrowed your brows, worried. "Are you sure you're going to return?" The room was silent again, until Sabito (finally) opened his mask, and stepped forward, revealing the scar he has on his cheek. Sabito's eye were dead blue, similar to Tomioka, but differ from his best friend, Sabito's blue eyes are not filled with regret and loneliness. With a sad smile, Sabito placed his kitsune mask on Tanjirou's face. "Take this." He said, "it gives you luck."

You stepped up to Sabito, then placed your hand gently on his shoulder with a calm smile. You wished Tanjirou luck, and a farewell goodbye, before Tanjirou quickly headed for his mission. Behind you, you could sense Nezuko's worry. "Mm?" She hummed with her eyebrows pursed, and toddled towards her brother who had just left the house. You hugged Nezuko from behind, and contemplated on her until she slowly turned around, facing you, then hugged you back. "Let's hope for the best." You said, brushing your fingers against Nezuko's smooth hair.

***

Tanjirou was on the way to the Headquarter. Sprinting as fast as he could, jumping over rivers and rocks, and hoping over branches. His crow was hovering above him, leading him to his destination. Tanjirou even passed the city where Douma died, and eventually reached the forest which would lead him to the Headquarter. Not until Tanjirou stepped into the Demon Slayer Headquarter's territory that his jaw clung open with horror.

Fire, dust, dead bodies, blood, ruins, destroyed furniture... everything was a huge mess. Tanjirou's crow 'kawed' once more before it flew away, but on its way to the sky, one of Kibutsuji Muzan's blood sprayed to it and its feathers immediately crippled away.

Tanjirou watched his crow fall from the dark sky, dropping towards the blood soiled, pebbled ground. However, inches away from the ground, the crow had already turned into nothing but ash. Tanjirou froze, unable to move, unable to think. He saw the other Demon Slayers attacking Kibitsuji Muzan, but none of their blades reached his skin successfully.
What to do?

"KYAAAGHH!!" Shouted a high-pitched, cracked voice of a boy abruptly. Tanjirou glanced at the boy, the one who stood out from the other Slayers for he has yellow hair, wearing a yellow kimono jacket, followed by little auras of yellow lightning tracing from his body. He's a Lightning Breath User.
The boy was chased by a big, black substance, following him all around the battlefield.

Suddenly, a muscular, half-naked Demon Slayer, wearing a boar mask rushed to his rescue. With his teethed twin-katana, the boar boy sliced every black substances which were chasing after the yellow haired boy, then smoothly plopped on a corpse. The yellow haired boy left tears out of his eyes, and grinned happily as his friend showed off his muscles. "Good job, Inosuke!!" Cheered he.

"Kyaaaaa!!! Hahahahahaha!!" Laughed the boar, Inosuke, "see that, Zenitsuko?! I'm powerful!"

"It's Zenitsu, you idiot!" Scolded the yellow haired boy, Zenitsu.

"I call you whatever I want, coward!"

"You're so annoying!"

Out of the blue, thousands and thousands of demons came from the fences as backup. They jumped over the fences and began eating the lower ranked Demon Slayers. They pounced aggressively and they were speedy too. Most of the low ranked Demon Slayers died terribly because of them. Either being eaten from their neck, or simply beaten and stepped to death. Tanjirou looked around, aghast, until he saw three demons were about to hop to Inosuke and Zenitsu. Without any hesitation, Tanjirou dashed towards the two friends, and hoisted his katana out.
"Water Breathing," Tanjirou sharped, "Second Style!!"

<To Be Continued>