Candy 19

In a demon's secret clinic, meanwhile...

Shinobu was sitting beside Tomioka, who was lying on a futon, unconscious. He was as pale as the snow, and as weak as a baby, weaker actually..... Tomioka has not opened his eyes ever since Shinobu met the demon who she encountered a few hours ago. A doctor demon who is just as knowledgeable as Shinobu.

The demon was the one who was responsible for the purple smoke and stuff. Shinobu had to admit that she was utterly flabbergasted by the demon's friendly approach. Usually, any demon would've attack a human, especially Demon Slayers, however, that demon woman was different.

Light footsteps could be heard, getting closer and closer as it grew louder and louder. And after a while, the footsteps halted.

"Here's your tea, miss Kochō." Spoke a matured, and a gentle female voice. It was the voice of that kind, demon woman. She went up to Shinobu and placed a tray of an empty green colored teacup with a green colored teapot on the mattress, before she sat down politely beside Shinobu.

Shinobu twisted her whole body to her, showing her a worried expression. "You sure he's okay, miss Tamayo?"

Tamayo furrowed her brows, "his wounds are indeed, very deep. It would take a while for him at least a month to fully recover."

Shinobu bit her lip, then turned back to Tomioka, whose light breaths could now be heard. Tamayo looked at Shinobu, before she took the teacup and poured some tea. "This will help you calm a bit." Tamayo said, offering Shinobu the tea. Shinobu contemplated on the tea for a while, then finally took it warmly. "Thank you." She said, then drank the tea without hesitation.

Tamayo kept her eyes fixed on the Demon Slayer, before she broke the silence. "Thank you... for trusting me, miss Kochō.... I really appreciate it."

Shinobu stopped drinking, and rested the cup on her lap, in her hands. "You... should probably thank Tomioka-san. Not me." She replied. "To be honest. Last night, I saw Tomioka-san writing a letter, and he seemed to be in a hurry." Shinobu averted her head to Tamayo, "when he slept, I snuck into his room and read the letter. He was writing to his teacher about a demon named Nezuko Kamado, telling him that she doesn't eat humans."

Shinobu exhaled, and turned to Tomioka, "at first I didn't believe it, and when you showed up I panicked. But then I remembered about Tomioka-san's letter, and forced myself to trust you."

Tamayo stared at Shinobu, and Shinobu looked at her back. "If it wasn't for the letter, you would've been dead now." Shinobu stated.

Tamayo gave Shinobu a small smile, and twirled her pointing fingers around each other as she rested her hand on her lap. "Nezuko Kamado, you say?" She started, speaking sheepishly, "a demon who doesn't eat humans... that's really interesting. And I thought I was the only one who doesn't eat humans."

"What are you saying, miss Tamayo?" Shinobu raised a brow, just when the green haired demon boy who was accompanying Tamayo showed up from the door, panting aloud. "Lady Tamayo!" He called.

The girls glanced at the boy, curious.

"What is it, Yushiro?" Tamayo asked.

"It's Muzan." He replied, "he's going rampage."

Shinobu gasped in horror. She forced herself to stand, but Tamayo quickly pulled her back down. "Miss Kochō, please! Your leg!"

"I don't care." Shinobu shotted, "my friends are with that Muzan bastard! They're in trouble!"

"But if you go there, you'll die!" Yushiro scolded, stepping up to her. "and you'll be no help either, considering your sprained leg!"

Shinobu gritted her teeth, and clenched her fingers. She averted her eyes to the ground, rolling her eyes left and right rapidly. Thinking hard, she squeezed all the plans she could think of.

Not until a few seconds later that a plan had finally hit her head. Shinobu averted her eyes to the demons with a firm smile. "Miss Tamayo." She called, "your painkillers.... will they work?"

"M-My painkiller is not the usual painkillers you know!" Tamayo exclaimed stiffly, "they are only for demons, and they also increase your power. It's too dangerous! You might lose control! A-And the painkiller doesn't last long anyway, so –"

"How long?" Asked a familiar male voice.

The trio glanced at the man who was lying on the futon. Tomioka was still wincing in pain, but he forced himself to rise to his elbows, and asked one more time with a hoarse voice. "How long does it take until the effect goes away?"

Shinobu's eyes widened, "Tomioka-san!"

<To Be Continued>