Chapter 6

January 25th, 2020 7:23 pm

Y/N's POV

It was the day of the Hogsmeade trip. Which meant that it was two days until the ball. Even though I was still pretty sad about Hermione. I told myself that a girl was not going to make me not enjoy one of the most interesting nights of my life.

Walking into Gladrags with Draco and Pansy by my side. There were many people inside the store. A lot of students trying to find things to wear for the ball. The shop was fairly large, but the number of people made it seem small and cramped. I had decided that I was going to look for a suit to wear. I had seen the dress robes and I didn't think that I would like to wear something like that.

Pansy had forced me to look at the dresses. I didn't see the point, as much as I love the feeling that dresses give me, it is too cold to wear something like that, especially in Scotland. Now a suit, that requires me nice long sleeves and long pants legs.

(*note: Y'all have no idea how much I wanted to write "now my little Kendell, fits right in" do with this information as you may)

I saw a beautiful periwinkle dress. I could see Hermione wearing it, she would look absolutely beautiful in it.

We eventually found a pantsuit, which was surprising. For a wizarding store, there was a lot of non-maj(or muggle as they say here) type of clothing here. It was comforting, also hilarious when I found a Full House shirt and Draco asked why the house was full. I had to explain that it was a show.

(*note: if Dumbledore can wear a three-piece suit in the late 1920s then I can have my person/reader wear a pantsuit in 1994.)

The pantsuit was a cool grey type of color. When I showed Draco and Pansy I got some nice reactions.

"Damn, if I wasn't so in love with Potter, I would have asked you out!" Draco exclaims. 

"As if," Pansy says.

"You'd never get over Potter even if she was nude in front of you," Pansy says.

"That's not true!" Draco exclaims.

"Okkkk, back to my outfit, what do you think?" I say.

"You look hot, Granger's gonna regret not saying yes." Pansy answers.

"She already said yes to someone else, she wouldn't have said yes either way," I say back to her.

"Is she saw you now, she would probably dump her date for you," Draco says.

"Not true, I may look good, but not that good." I debated.

"Bollocks, you look great," Pansy argues.

"Whatever you say, guys," I answer.

"Ok, now it's my turn to be in the spotlight," Pansy says standing up.

(*note: I know that Pansy wore some frilly pink robes to the ball, but I can't do her like that in this book, I'll keep the color the same though.)

"Well, we both know that pink is your color, Pansy," Draco says to her.

"You're right," Pansy confirms.

We went looking for pink dresses that we could put on Pansy. I was looking when I found the best thing ever. It was literally the dress from Pretty in Pink, that's so rad! I find Pansy and show her the dress.

"You seem very excited to show me this dress, so what muggle thing is it from?" She asks. 

"It's from like one of the best movies to ever exist," I answer.

"It's a nice dress I guess." She says.

"Will you at least try it on once?" I plead.

"Fine fine." She says taking the dress from me.

"I see that you found a dress for her," Draco says walking up to me.

I was sitting in a chair outside of one of the dressing rooms. Draco sat down in a seat next to me.

"I did," I answer him.

"It's from a movie called Pretty in Pink, so I thought it was convenient," I explain.

"You muggle-borns and you're fascination with movies." He says.

I was gonna answer him, but Pansy came out of the dressing room with the dress on.

"I feel stupid wearing this." She says.

"I like it, but if you don't like it then you don't have to wear it," I tell her.

"Pink maybe your color, but a dress like that is not for you," Draco says.

"Are you calling me fat?" She questions at Draco.

"No, I am saying that the dress makes you look bloated though." He answers.

"Shut up you prat!" She exclaims at him.

"I'm sorry, don't hit me." He says covering his face.

"Let's go find something else," I say trying to get them to think about something else before they kill each other.

Pansy went and took off the dress. We all went back to looking for a dress. Draco did end up finding a dress that Pansy liked. It was a dark shade of pink, and it made her look amazing. If I wasn't so infatuated with Hermione, maybe I would've asked Pansy to the ball, not just as friends. 

I FINALLY WROTE FOR ONCE!! I got stuck with so much school work and didn't have anything to think about. It's been a while, sorry. I'll do my best to update soon.