Chapter 8

March 28th, 2020 8:26 pm

Y/N's POV

She was sitting there crying and all I have ever wanted to do now in my life is comfort her. So I did. I walked up to her and sat down next to her. I think she could hear how hard my heart was beating.

"Are you okay, Hermione?" I asked her.

She looked up at me and I could see the tears coming down her face. I suddenly remembered that I had a handkerchief in my pocket.

"No, I'm not." She answers.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask.

"Yeah, I do." She says.

"What happened?"

"It's all Ron's fault, he's practically in love with Victor, but the moment that I'm given any attention by him, I'm the one that's fraternizing with the enemy. Harry doesn't even care, all he cares about is not dying during this dumb tournament and getting it in with Malfoy. He thinks I would betray my best friends like that!" She exclaims at me, tears still going down her face.

"Ok, first let's stop crying," I say pulling out the handkerchief and giving it to her.

"Thank you." She says grabbing the handkerchief.

"Don't let what Weasley said to get to you, he's just jealous that someone famous noticed you and not him," I tell her.

"Jealous? Probably, Ron's a bit hot-headed at times." She says.

"Well, he's an asshole for making you cry," I tell her.

"Are you okay now?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I think so, thank you Y/N." She says.

"No one should have to cry by themselves on a staircase," I say to her.

"That's really sweet of you." She tells me.

"I guess, so where's your date?" I ask her.

"He went off to get drinks, but he's disappeared now, probably snogging some random girl," Hermione says.

"Why would he do that when he has the most perfect date with him?" I question.

"You don't have to try to make me feel better about him." She says.

"Well, he's also an ass for leaving you alone," I tell her.

"I guess." She says chuckling a bit.

"So you mentioned Potter liking Draco?" I ask.

"Oh my god, I completely forgot I said that, please don't tell anyone, Harry would kill me." She exclaims.

"Not really, Draco's smitten for him, so they'd thank you," I tell her.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yeah, he even spent 30 minutes longer getting ready just so he would look good," I tell her.

"We just have to get those two in a broom closet together and it'll be down." She says.

"Yeah, that would do it," I say.

"It's getting late, we should head back to our dorms," Hermione says.

"Let me walk you to your dorm," I say suddenly.

"I don't want to trouble you, Y/N." She says.

"I insist, it's no trouble at all," I tell her.

"If you insist." She says getting up.

"Lead the way," I tell her, quickly getting up so I can walk beside her.

We walked in awkward silence for most of the walk. I kept taking glances at her, even though she had been crying for a while, she still looked stunning. Her facial expressions made it seem like there was something she wanted to say to me.

"I'm sorry for saying no to your invite to the ball." She says out of nowhere.

"You don't have to apologize, it's not your fault that more than one person asked you," I reassure her.

"I'm still wondering what would have happened if I had said yes to you." She says to me.

"I would've made it a good night for you," I answer.

"That's extremely sweet of you." She says.

"Surprised more people didn't ask you to the ball before me," I said.

"The funny thing is that Ron tried to get me to go with him since he didn't have a date, he seemed so surprised that anyone had asked me." She said.

"Why would he be surprised you're really smart and pretty anyone would want to ask you to the ball?" I say to her. 

"I have a reputation of not caring about my appearance and only caring about my grades." She answers.

"How is that bad? It's good to be well educated." I say.

"You're one of the only people that don't see it as a bad thing." She says to me.

It feels like time is going way too fast, I just want to stay here talking to her. But, as her dorm is quickly approaching, I can see the painting. Once we reach the painting, I'm expecting her to just go inside.

"Thank you for walking me to the dorm, Y/N, it was really sweet of you." She says.

"It was no problem at all, no need to thank me," I tell her.

"Thank you for making me feel better after the whole Ron thing, I really appreciate it." She says.

"Anytime," I answer.

"Goodnight, Hermione," I say.

"Good night, Y/N." She says.

Before I can even take a step to my dorm, she goes up to me and gives me a small peck on the cheek. I freeze where I'm standing. She quickly says her passcode and goes inside of her dorm, leaving me dumbfounded.

I finally get out of my frozen state and cheer to myself.

"Progress!" I exclaim quietly to myself.

Skipping to my dorm, so I can tell Draco and Pansy about my adventurous night. 

~I'm on a roll, I finally feel like updating and writing. Honestly, I forgot how to write dialogue so don't judge me. Stay safe and don't be reckless.

                                                                                                             ~nic