Chapter 7

March 27th, 2020, 2 am

Y/N's POV

It was the night of the ball. Pansy and I were waiting in the common room, for Draco to come out of his dorm. For someone who already had his robes packed for him, he is taking way too long. Pansy was wearing her dress, she looked stunning. She didn't have a date which was a loss for everyone who thought she was ugly.

Draco finally decided to come down after 10 minutes of us waiting.

"How long does it take you to get ready?" I asked him when he finally came down.

"However long I need to look this good!" He exclaims.

"Let's go already, we don't have time to argue about Draco being more of a girl than us," Pansy says grabbing us by our arms.

"Ow, you don't have to pull so hard!" I growled at her.

"You're gonna leave a mark!" Draco yelled.

"Well then, shut up and let's go already!" She yells back at us.

We finally shut up, because we know that she could probably kill us if she got mad enough. We got out of the common room and started to walk to the Great Hall. That's where the ball was being held, we all had to be there before the champions because we had to see them dance with their dates.

I wanted to see who Hermione's date was. I wanted to see the lucky person who got to be her date. I needed to see who my competition was for her heart. But still, in the end, it was still her choice on who she wanted to be with. As long as she's happy I can move on happily. But, I still have to try.

We were all waiting inside of the Great Hall for the champions to finally come inside. The doors opened and the champions came in with their dates by their side. That's when I saw her. 

Hermione looked absolutely stunning in the periwinkle dress I had seen inside of the shop. What had me more surprised was her date. Victor Krum was the lucky bastard that had asked her to the ball before me.

I couldn't take my eyes off of her, she had straightened her hair, personally, she looked great with it curly. She looked amazing. I couldn't stop looking, and having to watch her dance with Krum was almost excruciating. If only I was in his spot, dancing with her, making her feel like the most special girl in the world.

I get what you're thinking, Y/N, you've known this girl for barely 2 months and you're fallen head over heels for her and wanna date her. Well, I can tell you the answer right now. I'm a dumb lesbian, who might've fallen for a straight girl. Let us all pray to the gay overlords that she's at least bisexual.

(*note: she is, I'm not that cruel)

The champions finished their dance and everyone was allowed to dance. Even though I didn't have a date and I barely knew anyone, that doesn't mean I wasn't gonna have a good time. Draco and I were dancing with everybody else in the crowd. Pansy was off, probably making out with a girl from Beauxbatons, who had asked her to dance 30 minutes ago and they had not come back.

Every so often I would scan the crowd for Hermione, just to see if she was having a good time. She did seem to be having a good time, until the end of the ball. She was talking to her friends and something they said must have made her mad because she stormed out. They followed her, so did I after telling Draco I was done for the night.

I had to think about what I was about to do for a second. I'm following the girl that I like when she seems to be having a fight with her friends. Was I going to talk to her, talk to them? Where was her date? Why wasn't he handling this?

All of the thoughts in my head stopped the minute that I stepped outside of the Great Hall. I had to be rational, but the sight that I saw did not allow me to be.

Because there she was, the girl of my dreams, crying on the staircase, looking as beautiful as ever. 

~I am deeply sorry that it has taken me so long to update this book. You would think that school getting cancelled for a month would give me more time to write, so did I. I'm sorry it's taken so long to update, and I hope you guys are staying safe out there. 

                                                                                                                      ~nic