Chapter 4: The Ones I Left Behind

4- The Ones I Left Behind
Izuku Midoriya's Point Of View:

I check under the bed, they're not there. Inside the drawers of the bedside table, not here either. I was close to giving up until I remembered to check the closet. I carefully check inside and find a small box labeled "Deku's Research". Maybe this is it! Shigaraki was slowly growing impatient and I could understand why but I still took my time opening the box to find all of my notebooks in it. Here it is. U.A, you'll finally come crashing down to pieces. Shigaraki motions for me to take the box and leave but something was stopping me. It felt like my heart was weighing me down. As if my heart didn't want to leave the comfort of my mom's room. To make things worse, my mom started to cry in her sleep. I couldn't leave her like this. As much as I want to leave her and let her cry, it breaks my heart to see her like that.

I carry the box and leave it next to Shigaraki then head back to my mom. I gently wipe her tears and whisper to her. "I'm sorry mom. I wish I could stay but I just can't. I'll come to see you some other time. Sleep well, mother." I finish off by giving her a light forehead kiss. Suddenly, my mom stops crying and a small smile forms on her face. "Goodbye, mother," I whisper one last time before walking back to Shigaraki, picking up the box and then head back to the bar.

...
Inko Midoriya's Point Of View:

I had a dream last night that Izuku came home. He was here to see me one last time before disappearing again. I forgot most of it but I only remember myself crying, Izuku with an evil grin on his face as I beg him not to leave. Then all of a sudden, I stopped crying. My tears were wiped away and I heard someone whisper to me as I slowly calmed down. It sounded like Izuku but I know it was my ears deceiving me. Izuku is gone. Forever. My precious son won't come home.

Ever since Izuku left, his childhood friend Katsuki Bakugo always came by, asking me if I've seen him. But sadly, I always had to tell him that he never came home that day. The police promised me that they would try their hardest to find my son. So far, I've heard nothing about him. 'Izuku, if you're still out there, please come home' I thought to myself as I got ready to start the day off. These days without him are often lonely. First, my husband goes overseas to work in order to provide for us but now, it's just me. Sometimes Katsuki comes over to keep me company but even then, he can't spend his life here with me. He has his parents to go home to. I just want my son back.

...
Katsuki Bakugo's Point Of View

Damn Deku. Why did he have to leave? The exact day he disappeared, I burned his stupid book and threw it out the window. I even told him to jump off the roof in hopes that he'll have a quirk in his next life. Did he actually do it? Believe it or not, I actually feel guilty about the things I did to him. Every single dream he had, I had to go and crush them. He told me how much he wanted to go U.A and how he wished to be better than our favorite hero: All Might. But I was an asshole and always told him that someone as quirkless and useless like him could never even compare to All Might. And to make things worse, I always told him that I'd be the one to surpass him. I told him I was going to become the world's number one hero after graduating U.A.

Now, that quirkless bastard is gone and his mom is worried sick about him. If he was going to run away or commit suicide, he could've left a damn note. I hate that idiot and if I ever get the chance to see him again, I'm gonna beat the crap out of him so much that he'll die right in my arms. You damn nerd! I hate you!