Chapter 6

Jade takes out her phone camera and looks at her face

Jade's POV
Oh no. It's super noticeable now.

"Jade? What happened." Vega asked me.

"It's nothing!"

"Jade just please tell me what happened. Did Beck do that?"

"No! It wasn't Beck. I-i-i just accidently fell and a rock landed in my eye."

Did I really just say that? That has to be the worst lie ever. Looking at Vega she looks worried and concerned. Why would she care?

"Are you sure that's what happened?"

"Yes! Nothing else happened. I covered it up because I know I'd get questioned like this if I didn't."

Well I think she's starting to look more calmer and relieved. I can't tell her the truth. She'll never look at me the same and my reputation would be ruined.

"Wait let me get you some towels to dry up before you go."

"No it's ok, I'm in a rush."

Jade ran to her car as fast as she could and drove away.

Tori's POV
There's something weird going on. Jade isn't the clumsy type so would she easily fall and just happen to land on a rock? But if she's lying then what could've caused that black eye? Beck's nice so I don't think he would hit a girl. Who would she actually be covering for?

After 5 minutes of thinking

Oh....my.....god..... Could it be her parents? I know Jade doesn't have the best relationship with her dad. I have to ask her tomorrow and make things clear. I want to help her if she is getting abused.

-----------------

Next morning Tori sees Jade at her locker

Tori's POV
"Hey Jade. We need to talk."

"About what?"

"Just come with me."

Tori takes Jade to the janitors closet.

"What?"

"Tell me the truth about what happened to your black eye, because I know you didn't fall and hit a rock."

"Yes I did."

"You aren't the clumsy type and even if you did fall what would the coincidence be that a rock happened to be right in front of you."

Jade looks pretty nervous. She just keeps trying to look away.

"Jade I know your obviously lying to me. Come on just please tell me what really happened."

"Why do you even care Vega?"

"Like I said last time. I see you as a friend even if you don't see me as one."

Jade starts to tear up

"Jade..... did your dad give you that black eye?"

Jade slowly nods

"Omg does anyone else know about this?"

"No. Your the first person that knows. And don't you dare go and tell other people!"

"I won't."

"Why did he hit you?" I asked her.

"That night when I left your house, I got home about 30 minutes late. That pissed him off because he expected me to be home at the time he wanted."

"I'm so sorry Jade."

"Don't feel sympathy for me. This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you or anyone in general. I can't stand the sympathy that people give. I'm always known as the badass tough girl. It's humiliating if people ever see this side of me."

"Everyone has a weak side Jade. It's just part of life. You can't hide your weak side forever."

"Is there anything else you want to say? If you have more then you might as well just let it all out."

Jade's POV
I can't believe I'm still standing here with Vega. I can't even believe I told her I get abused at home. But I can't tell her I cut myself.

"No, that's it."

"Do you want to come over later?"

"Yeah."