Is it haunted?

"Uncle Max" I was glad to see him and I hugged him
"Hello little pie"
"Come on in"
"Hey Mia look who is here"
Mia came out of the kitchen and was happy to see uncle.
"Uncle Max!!!! It's good to see you here today.....how is Aunt??"
"She is fine dear...what's up dears...I hope you are getting ready to go out...."
"Oops!! sorry, uncle...Maria called us two days back and conveyed that she made all the necessary procedures for registration.... actually we were busy and failed to inform you...today that villa is going to be ours officially...."
"Yes!!! Wouldn't it be awesome if we throw a family party every weekend!!" Mia exclaimed. But uncle didn't seem to be happy with our words.
"What happened uncle?"
"I am quite afraid to break your excitement"
We both were confused by his words and simply exchanged looks.
"Let it out," said Mia and I nodded in agreement.
"I have to discuss something with you"
"Yeah sure!!"
"Yesterday I happened to meet a friend of mine named Ben....he lives in Berkeley....When I informed him that you are going to buy the Happy villa he was shocked and said that there is a rumour about that villa in Berkeley.....that...." He paused for a moment
"That??"
"That...it is haunted by a girl's spirit"
Mia laughed out loud..."Haunted??" But uncle was so serious about what he said and I sensed it by his looks.
"Rumours are rumours uncle....some folks tales maybe....." I said.
"But Ben was sure about that....he said a girl named Sofia committed suicide after the death of her grandparents with whom she lived in the happy villa..."
Silence occupied the house for a few seconds.
"I have no faith in ghost or paranormal or supernatural or whatever..... someone might have twisted a tale to fear someone which took the form of a rumour...." Said Mia casually. She is firm in her decision of buying the happy villa and hence she remained unfazed by her uncle's words.
"Why to risk?...we can ask Maria to show a better dwelling place...." Said Uncle.
But Mia nodded in disagreement. He tried to convince her but she stood stubborn. Neither I have an opinion to leave the happy villa. Such an amazing place it is. Uncle failed in his attempt to change our minds. Hence he changed his opinion....
"There is a chance that it is just a rumour....neither Ben is sure about reading the proof for the existence of paranormal activity in the villa..." he said.
"Thank you uncle," Mia said in a tone of great relief.
"Well, girls...all set....when are you shifting?"
"Within two days" Mia pointed to him the boxes we already packed.
"Call me....Your Aunt and I decided to help you with shifting things..."
"How sweet of you...."
"You are our children.."
We both hugged him.
"I am starving," said Uncle.
"Sandwich and brownies are ready to serve..."
We three devoured sandwiches and brownies till we are contented. He wished us good luck and left home.
"Mia should we consider uncle's words"
"Just try to be practical....ghost exists in hallucinations and movies definitely not in reality...."
There is no point of arguing with Mia. With oscillation in thoughts, I followed her to the parking area. Mia drove the car to Berkeley. Happy villa came into our vision. Calm and Peaceful environment pleased my mind. It would be foolish if we lose such a place because of a rumour...