<3

"of.. of course i'll leave right now i'm so sorry"
"please don't leave me shrek? i can't have you upset with me again? please let's talk?"
she glances at the door, then back at mao. she takes a seat far away from mao. she knows that if they get close they'll end up kissing again.
"i'm sorry"
"i don't see why you had to lie to me"
"you never would have loved me? you would have stopped yourself? you know it's wrong and we couldn't have been together? do i deserve to never find love because of my father's mistakes?"
"this just seems like so much? my parents... my parents weren't nice either.."
she moved a little closer towards him.
"they kicked me out of the house when i was seven. i don't know why. they never gave me an answer. i've been living in small shelter homes my whole life you know? and this seemed like my big break? something i could be successful with? something that could prove i've grown up? to prove i've gotten over it?
maybe that's why i'm so bad at it. because i haven't gotten over it. i want answers? maybe that makes me greedy."
"of course it doesn't make you greedy? and hey i think you're very good at what you do."
shrek moved a little closer.
"can i confess something to you?" he asked nervously
"of course" mao said softly. he wanted to be the person he told his issues to. he wanted to be the one to comfort him. he wanted... no that's impossible.
"hah this is embarrassing. uhm. i had the biggest celebrity crush on you. that's actually why i started stripping in the first place.."
his eyes lit up. he pulled her onto his lap.
"really?"
"well yeah... don't you find that creepy?"
"quite the opposite actually. kitten how could i ever find someone as beautiful as you creepy? that's actually. kinda cute."
"did you call me c-"
"nope."
"mhm."
shrek laid his head on mao's chest just like before. his scent was still there. he played with a few of her orange curls and she faded to sleep. once he knew she was asleep, he kissed her forehead and closed his eyes.
"i love you kitten."

if only she had actually been sleeping.