unfinished business

Hades

"Persephone!" I yelled throughout the castle. She would hear me. The castle was mine through and through.

"No!" I heard a yell.

"Get your ass down here, and it's now!" I roared back.

She took her sweet ass time. It took her about four minutes, before she made her way down the stairs. She was in a green, floaty dress with flowers sewn into the fabric. "What?" she asked, sounding immensely bored.

I smiled sweetly. "Oh honey," I said with mock sarcasm.

She rolled her eyes.

"Why are you scaring Stella?" I asked. Just yesterday we'd had a nice chat about the demi-Gods and their rights.

"Why are you keeping her your pet here?" she asked.

"Not what I asked, and the second she's about to wake from the coma, I'll help her to the bloody surface." I sneered. I wasn't the slightest bit interested in her. She was just a girl. A few people had passed through the castle. The ones staying at the castle were those who were in danger of not making it, and who were safer in the castle with fewer people.

Persephone sighed. "Hades, I don't care for or about your silly games."

"Then let me tell you one thing, this isn't a game. But I'm sending you to Olympus. You'll have to deal with the nonsense and talking about nothing, and I'll be free of you. I don't want to see you down here until spring."

She smiled a smiled devoid of humor. "It's not you who has to boss me around."

"As a matter of fact, it is," I said. "Usually we just keep out of each other's way, and you won't have to be reminded." I said. "Now, get out of my sight. And fucking apologize to Stella before you leave."

Persephone inspected the tips of her hair. "What is it with you and this human?"

"I care for her," I sighed. "Has happened before." I reminded her. And usually happened with all young people who was in the castle as to not to be overstimulated or somehow be in the risk of not making it back alive.

She looked at me, her green eyes locked with mine. "Not like this, and you know it."

I shrugged. "Get out." Honestly, I wasn't sure what she meant.

She turned on her heel and stalked back up the stairs.

So yes, I cared about Stella. She was too young to die. But we didn't talk, so I had no idea what Persephone was referring to. Maybe it had been too long since I'd been on Earth and cared for someone. Anyone.

I made my way to the kitchen.

Lucinda was busy chipping vegetables. Stella wasn't here.

I left the kitchen and went outside. Stella sat on the steps in front of the castle. Her knees hugged to her chest, her hair flowing behind her from the mild breeze.

I sat down next to her.

She sighed and shot me a brief glance. "What do you want now?" she asked, annoyed.

"I want to tell you, that if you don't believe me, I'll find someone you do believe and let them make you believe you can leave the Underworld, as soon as your physical body are ready for you to become part of the world above again." I said, looking at her boots.

"Why would she tell me, I was stuck down here?" Stella asked.

"Well, the entire coma thing is comparatively new, and when she was trapped down here, she wanted to get away from her overprotecting mother." I said and stretched my legs out in front of us.