unrequited crush

Stella

I opened my eyes, stretching my arms and legs before rolling onto my stomach. I pulled the comforter up and snuggled under the warm covers.

Hades entered from the bathroom not a moment later, he wore nothing but boxers.

"Nice day?" I asked.

He pulled at the covers, exposing my naked skin to his burning gaze.

"What?" I asked innocently. I didn't anticipate falling asleep, I just wanted to relax in bed for a while.

Hades stepped out of his boxers before getting into bed. The thought alone had my blood burning, pulse pumping and insides turning soft. He lifted my butt, forcing my legs apart with his knee and my willingness to comply, and slowly inserted himself in me.

I moaned when he stretched me to the fullest. "Hades!" I whimpered.

He leaned over me, kissing my shoulder. "Stella."

I pulled the pillow under me, holding on to it, now I couldn't reach him.

Slowly the pulled out before sinking in, balls deep.

I moaned into the pillow.

It was nothing like the sweet love we'd made that first night, it was hard and rough, and he set a pounding rhythm, before finding the release simultaneously and collapsing on the bed.

He gently pulled out of me and rolled onto his back.

I lifted my head and pressed my cheek to his chest. "Why did you shower?" I asked.

He grazed my skin with his fingertips. "We went visiting Melinoë, and the road down to Erebos is a bit dirty."

I looked up at him. "Zagreus came by, told me to let you know you were welcome whenever."

Hades smiled.

I kissed his chest. "That was a nice wake up."

He snorted. "Right. We should probably get down to dinner. Lucinda's all worked up about the meat."

"I think she likes Zagreus." I said.

"I'm not sure she's his cup of tea. Too chatty." Hades said and pulled me to him.

"My thoughts too." I muttered and closed my eyes.

"What did you do today?"

"I found a music room."

"Ah, the west wing. I'm there so seldom." He said, almost wistfully.

I smiled. "And then I went outside and maybe I walked too much or I'm just beat. I don't know."

"It can be a sign that your body is healing on Earth." Hades said, his voice low and gentle.

I nodded. "I don't want to think about it." I whispered. "Right now, I know I'm going to miss you. But then both Lucinda and you claim I won't remember. And that makes me sad."

Hades pulled me to his side. "I'll remember for the both of us."

"Doesn't it get tiresome? Meeting people who'll leave and forget all about you?" I asked, resting my hand on my arm, which rested on his chest.

"That is another reason why I stopped having people stay here, unless it's a severe case." He said. "I'm too human not to feel the loss every time."

I bit my lip. "Dinner."